Administrative Assistant Medical
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Many years' experience planning and directing administrative functions to meet time-critical deadlines. Combines dynamic organizational and communication skills with the ability to independently multitask, plan and direct demanding administrative operations and complex schedules. Trusted advisor, liaison and assistant.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Executive & Board Relations • Regulator Reporting & Communications
• Confidential Correspondence & Data • Special Events & Project Management
• Executive Office Management • Staff Training & Development
• Crisis Communications • Medical Billing Procedures/Terminology
• Critical Problem Analysis/Resolution • Medical Records Management
• Payroll & Accounts Administration • Procedure Development/Refinement
Highland Medical Center, Pleasantville, CA
2001 - Present
Secretary to the Technical Laboratories
Pivotal administrative role at the core of technical laboratory operations. Centralized contact point for all communications, problems and administrative inquiries posed by health professionals, doctors, patients and relatives. Composed staff rosters, filed/archived confidential patient records, managed tapes and statistical information, typed documents and directed inventory control. Coordinated the work schedules of 20 technical staff to assure smooth, effective processes and minimize potential for error.
• Reversed haphazard archiving system. Designed new streamlined archival and collating procedures, and trained/supervised 2 new staff to vastly improve effective storage and retrieval.
• Identified flaws in tracking reports. Established new report checking system that effectively traced report activities including date completed, person dealing with report and dates distributed.
Reed Base Hospital, Pleasantville, CA
1997 - 2001
Health Information Receptionist
High profile, administrative position. Directed administrative operations for the hectic reception area. As the first point of personal and telephone contact for patients, medical practitioners, health care professionals and administrative workers, a fast-paced approach, and adherence to strict clinical protocols for confidentiality and communications were a daily imperative. Met stringent processes and timeliness in overseeing medical records management, admissions, discharges, transfers and theatre bookings.
• Elevated the expertise and skill levels of the administrative team through coaching and development activities; focused on quality, daily operational procedures, Internet and computer program usage.
• Appreciation was expressed by numerous patients and relatives for understanding and compassionate manner when dealing with stressful and problematic situations.
Baker Vinyards, Pleasantville, CA
1995 - 1997
Launched and grew to profitability family vineyard business. Manage complete financial business activities encompassing payroll, cash flows and expenditures, financial reporting and banking. Monitor inventory levels, place purchasing orders for stock replenishment, negotiate best price/best quality with suppliers.
• Identified highly responsive and flexible individuals during recruitment/interview processes, specifically selecting them for customer focus and ability to multitask.
• Conducted in-depth training to orient employees to business philosophy, policy, quality and specific job tasks.
Melissina Winery, Pleasantville, CA
1990 - 1995
Trained comprehensively in establishing young vines, identifying vineyard disease, packaging and quality control. Conducted training to new workers on correct methods to pack and train vines.
Doyle and Associates, Pleasantville, CA
1988 - 1990
Reception, typing, telephone inquiries, filing, daily banking, mail receipt and distribution.
Mark's House of Pizza, Pleasantville, CA
1985 - 1988
Successfully spearheaded the first home delivery service in the district, gaining the competitive advantage. Managed all financial and accounts operations (cash flows, wages, banking and stock control). Boosted customer awareness of products and service through innovative marketing and advertising. Trained and supervised employees.
Certificate of Health Office Procedures & Medical Coding, OTEN-NSW
Advanced First Aid
• Clinical Classification (Coding)
• Mock External Disaster/Emergency Evacuation Training
• Medical Terminology 1 & 2
• Microsoft Office
• Fire Training
• First Aid: Introduction, Updates & Fitness
• Occupational Health & Safety Level 1
• Investment Mastery Program (Property Genius), Henry Kay
PRWRA Gayle Howard - Top Margin - email@example.com