Sales Operation Manager
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
OPERATIONS - SALES - SALES MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
Thirty-two year management career. Expertise in building, revitalizing and/or optimizing a company’s organizational infrastructure, products, processes, and sales/marketing strategies to optimize results.
· Proven management professional with both start-up and ongoing business operations; excellent ability to develop new business through persistence
· Key strength is the ability to influence
· Equally skilled in business planning
Proficient in advertising, marketing, and customer relations.
Effectively manage multiple departments, personnel and product lines.
Extensive sales management and training experience.
Core Management Qualifications
· General Management / Operations Management
· Customer Service & Satisfaction
· Strategic Business Planning & Development
· Personnel Training & Development
· Revenue / Market Growth & Profit Improvement
· Finance, Accounting & Budgeting
· Product, Performance & Market Optimization
· Logistics & Supply Chain Management
· Strategic Marketing & New Business Development
· Value-Added Products & Customer Relations
BOWIE OUTFITTERS, Baton Rouge, LA
2002 to Present
Recruited to direct the start-up of this hunting, fishing, and archery retail establishment. Assumed financial and human resource responsibilities as the company has grown to 60 employees and raised over $4 million in sales and $5 million in inventory in the first 14 months.
G&H SEED, Gueydan, LA
(Acquired Boatner & Linscombe, Inc. in 1992)
1992 to 2002
Store Location Manager
Stayed on after buyout to manage all encompassing store operations, marketing, advertising and sales. Supervised 12+ sales staff including truck drivers / distribution, office personnel, sales associates, maintenance and consultant. Effectively maintained and monitored $3 million in inventory. Managed a 5-state customer based sales territory while maintaining consistently high levels of sales performance and customer satisfaction.
· Held sales seminars to increase product knowledge, selling techniques and suggestive add-on sales.
· Communicated regularly with sales staff and management to keep abreast and gather input of supplies, logistics, billing information, product information, business needs, policies, goals and planning.
· Managed 6,500 square feet of showroom and 1,0000 square feet of stockroom (on 4 acres of land).
· Continually gathered customer feedback of products and needs.
· Conducted probationary and yearly employee evaluations.
· Performed and supervised yearly inventory audits.
· Attained #1 Browning distributorship in Louisiana.
· Ranked in the Top 2 in Beretta and Benelle sales in Louisiana.
· Successfully diversified product lines and increased sales by 66%.
· Instrumental in instituting the billboard on I-10 to advertise store, location and merchandise.
· Attended manufacturer group shows to maximize stock, discounts and keep up with current products.
· Created and distributed a 10,000+ customer mail-out of new merchandise and special item sales.
BOATNER & LINSCOMBE, INC., Gueydan, LA
(Sold to G&H Seed in 1992)
1971 to 1992
Identified market demand and opportunity, negotiated with product and equipment suppliers, and developed the multi-disciplined operation. Managed agriculture, farming, lawn & garden, sporting goods & hunting, and pet supply operations and marketed throughout LA, TX, MS, AL, SC, and FL. Maintained full profit and loss responsibility ensuring competitiveness and profitability. Supervised 12+ sales staff including truck drivers / distribution, office personnel, sales associates, maintenance and consultant.
· Structured and negotiated favorable relationships with leading brokers to advance product sales and market penetration.
· Implemented skills training, job training, leadership development, safety training and product knowledge for seasonal, hourly, administrative and management personnel.
· Assisted in the design of multiple hunting bags for decoys.
· Improved sales and efficiency by implementing one of the first computerized purchase order and inventory tracking systems in the industry.
· Successfully diversified into feed, lawn & garden and sporting good products.
· Organized dinners for farmers to educate and inform on products.
· One of the first dealers to install a bulk-handling facility.
LOUISIANA NATIONAL GUARD
1968 to 1975
Officer’s Training & Advanced Officer’s Training
MCNEESE STATE UNIVERSITY, Lake Charles, LA
Bachelor of Science in Agri-Business
Training, Licenses & Certifications
Certification Crop Advisor Program, #12979 - American Society of Agronomy
Hazmat Qualification -General Awareness, Function Specific, Safety Training
Hunter’s Education Certificate, #98059056
Worker Protection Standard Training Handler Verification -US EPA, ID#H0040936
Ground Commercial Applicator -LA Dept. of Agriculture and Forestry ID# CA01-1527
Browning Training Academy – Morgan, UT
Acusport Trading Show - Billings, MT
National Shooting Sports Federation Shot Show
Former Mayor Pro-Tem
National Rifle Association
Chamber of Commerce
Economic Development Board, Vermilion Parish
Duck Festival Association, Former Grand Marshall
Rice Grower’s Association
LSU Agriculture Leadership Training