Executive Assistant Events
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Self-motivated and detail-oriented Administrative and Event-Coordination professional with three years of event-planning experience.
Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with individuals at all levels within and outside the organization. Very strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple, simultaneous tasks.
Technology skills include proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Core competencies include:
· Meeting Planning & Schedule Coordination
· Budget & Expense Management
· Project Management
· Vendor Management
· Event & Marketing Material Preparation
· Travel Arrangements (Members/Guests)
FIRST HEALTH – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2000 to Present
Health insurance provider headquartered in Illinois. Milwaukee office performs client support activities.
Recruited to support the Regional Vice President and two Directors. Environment is highly fast-paced and deadline driven. Key accountabilities include administrative functions (activity reports, ad-hoc reports, expense reports, confidential correspondence, presentation development, and scheduling/calendar maintenance) combined with event planning and coordination (travel arrangements, conference-call scheduling, meeting planning, promotional events, and collateral-material preparations).
Selected Events & Accomplishments
· Planned sales breakfasts and luncheons. Coordinated arrangements with caterers, set-up room, determined audio/visual requirements, and ordered promotional items. Ensured events proceeded smoothly. Received recognition from guests and managers for professionalism and attention-to-detail.
· Coordinated travel arrangements for executives and visiting guests (airline, hotel, automobile/limousine).
· Planned off-premise holiday parties. Determined and managed budgets, selected facilities, selected meals, hired entertainment, purchased prizes, coordinated pre-event activities, ensured events proceeded smoothly and guests enjoyed themselves.
WISCONSIN OFFICE & DATA SYSTEMS – Glendale, Wisconsin
1992 to 1999
Information archiving and filing service.
Performed data entry, report preparation, telephone reception, and payroll. Worked extensively with spreadsheets.
MID-PLAINS COMMUNICATIONS – Brookfield, Wisconsin
1988 to 1991
Distributor of business telephone systems.
Supported client base and developed new accounts of telephone-system and network products.
WISCONSIN BELL – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1981 to 1987
Local telephone exchange carrier; acquired by Ameritech in 19xx and SBC Communications in 2000.
COMMUNICATIONS ANALYST (1986 to 1987)
MANAGEMENT TRAINEE INTERNSHIPS (1981 to 1986, while attending college)
Implemented business telephone systems: programmed systems after on-site installation, trained customers on how to use, and provided after-installation support.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE, Milwaukee School of Engineering – Milwaukee, Wisconsin 1986