Avionics Systems Expert
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
AVIONICS SYSTEMS TESTING/AVIONICS SYSTEMS SUPPORT
Seeking opportunity with Lockheed Martin and the F-22 Joint Strike Fighter Program
Open to positions with Lockheed Martin that will use strong experience on the F-15 avionics systems. Demonstrated success in maintenance, avionics, safety and quality assurance with the United States Air Force.
· Flight Control Systems
· Avionics Systems
· Flight Control
· Flight Instrument Specialist
· Technical Problem Solver
· Production Superintendent
· Safety Trend Analysis/Tracking
· Security Program Design/Implementation
· Technical Expertise of Aircraft
· Quality Insurance/Controls
· Operational Inspections/Reporting
· Avionics Expertise/Safety Management
· Cross-functional Operations Planning
· Troubleshooting/Problem Resolutions
· Personnel Training/Mentorship
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
· Extensive recent experience with the 4th Fighter Wing (ACC), Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, North Carolina were I have been responsible for a Wing composed of 4 F-15E squadrons totaling 98 F-15Es and 20 support squadrons.
· Strong avionics, mechanical, electronics, hazardous materials, safety controls, personnel management, security issues and related leadership/operational duties.
· Expert knowledge of FAA compliance issues, regulations and company directives. Expert knowledge of inspection procedures to ensure adequate safety and maintenance programs with respect to compliance of FAA and company directives. Inspects components built for commercial aircraft to determine if product meets required FAA specifications.
· Mechanically sound professional with knowledge of multiple aircraft systems (especially the F-15), mechanical procedures related to those aircraft and related equipment such as landing gear hydraulic components, torque wrenches and various hand tools.
· Extensive coordination experience that requires communication with other employees and management personnel, high tech specialists, and related maintenance technicians. Wide ranging knowledge of business skills include business management, budgeting, contract development, SOP development, vendor relations, quality control, extensive safety and related standards.
· Extensive knowledge of hangar and line maintenance activities. Able to instruct new employees in safety and protocol issues related to aircraft system maintenance, ground support equipment maintenance and overall operations. Known as a dedicated, loyal professional who is focused on quality and safe results.
· Known for a persistent attention to detail and maintaining high standards regarding ethical conduct, punctuality, quality of work, team dynamics, aviation safety/security and the human factor as a whole. Described as a mentor not just a manager, encourages subordinates to discuss problems, ask questions and operate within the team effectively.
· Skills translate to potential external or internal management that requires team development skills coupled with a strong technical aptitude for the aircraft and its corresponding system maintenance needs.
· Known as a reliable, loyal and dedicated leader who promotes a positive “do whatever it takes” attitude and encourages employee growth through questions and experience. A team member who can be counted on in critical situations; an honest and fair supervisor raises the standard for the whole organization.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
EMBRY-RIDDLE AERONAUTICAL UNIVERSITY, Daytona Beach, FL
Aviation Safety Certification, expected graduation September 2002
Master of Aeronautical Science in Aviation/Aerospace Management & Operations, 2001 (Honors/Dean’s List)
Bachelor of Science, Professional Aeronautics, 1995
Graduate research project was entitled, “A Conclusion of the Relative Reliability of the Automatic Flight Control Systems Used on the F-15C and F-15E Model Aircraft Based at Royal Air Forces Lakenheath”.
COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF THE AIR FORCE, MAXWELL, AFB, Alabama
Associates of Applied Science, Instructor of Technology & Military Science, 1997
Associates of Applied Science, Avionics Systems Technology, 1990
TECHNICAL SKILLS & TRAINING
· High competence and expertise associated with aviation management, maintenance, inspection, and instruction associated with various F-15 aircraft flight control, instrument and radar avionics systems.
· Coursework includes: Able Avionics Phase 1, Integrated Avionics Instrument and Flight Control Systems (F-15), (F-15E), Integrated Avionics Radar (Attack Control), Integrated Avionics Communication, Navigation, and Penetration Aids (F-15), NCO Leadership School, NCO Academy, Senior NCO Academy, Basic Instructor School (Honor Graduate), F-15 Manual Flight Control Rigging Course, Technical Writer Course.
· Awarded Air Force Meritorious Service Medal, Air Force Commendation Medal (four times)
· Air Force Commendation medal with three Oak Leaf clusters.
· Awarded the 782 Training Group’s “Career Development Course Writer of the Year” for 1994.
4TH FIGHTER WING (ACC), SEYMOUR JOHNSON AIR FORCE BASE, Goldsboro, NC
Flight Safety Superintendent
2000 - Present
Selected Achievement Summary:
· Recent experience as a Flight Safety Investigator, successfully tracked flight safety programs and investigated numerous Air Force F-15 mishaps, producing and processing reports designed to determine root causes and decrease mishap occurrences.
· Helped to garner the Commander in Chief’s Installation Excellence Award for 2001 detailing the Bird Aircraft Strike Hazard program to team evaluation members with a professional brief.
· Successfully assisted and instructed the Flight Safety Officer in over 33 mishap investigations involving many complex aircraft systems and situations, successfully identified causes.
· Spearheaded airfield surveys to validate existing waivers and obstructions relating to height restrictions. Resulted in the certification of the airfield by Civil Engineering with all flight safety considerations.
· Completed a 6 week course for Senior Management in Human Relations/Worker Motivation at Montgomery, Alabama, 2001.
· Successful organized the Avian hazard Avoidance System (AHAS) historical data onto CD-ROMs for squadron use, allowing fighter squadrons to continue flying mission effective sorties when AHAS goes down.
· Revised a critical 4th Fighter Wing Mishap Response Plan ensuring accuracy of wing agency information.
· Served as key unit vehicle noncommissioned officer for the safety mishap response vehicle fleet – resulted in two no notice excellent inspection ratings including a wing roll-by special assessment.
· Program implementations effectively reduced the risk of F-15E flying training while spearheading the vital upkeep of BASH cannons (cannon reliability now at 99% and Birdstrikes down 14%).
· Quoted by superiors as “Dynamic leader and astute motivator—second-to-none in the flight safety community—promote to Chief!”
· Flight Safety Superintendent for wing composed of 98 F-15Es, including 4 F-15E Squadrons and 20 support squadrons. Supervised the NCO and the implementation of all squadron flight safety programs.
· Served as a consultant to the Air Force Reserve KC-135 wing flight safety. Responsible for conducting in-depth inspections to assure safe aircraft operations, design and maintenance, as well as maintenance of vehicles, airfield facilities and ground support equipment.
· Inspected and reviewed aircrew and maintenance occupational safety, health and fire programs. Conducted flight safety investigations and develop USAF-wide recommendations to prevent mishap recurrence.
· Served on the USAF Safety Investigation Boards.
· Performed operations and maintenance trend analyses.
· Managed the Bird Aircraft Strike Hazard (BASH) program and Chair the Bird Hazard Working Team (BHWT)
· Recommended courses of action and relayed instructions to appropriate teams/parties during aircraft emergencies. Coordinated emergency response actions, prepared corresponding reports and proposed preventative measures.
· Disseminated safety messages to various organizations, track safety trends, and relayed safety information to the Chief of Safety and Wing commander for action proposals.
· Conducted flight safety studies toward airfield operations including wildlife hazard abatement, obstruction and airfield construction issues, and employee safety practices related to flight safety.
· Maintained database associated with flight operations for comparison with similar organization. Proposed recommendations focused on the prevention of future aircraft mishaps.
336 FIGHTER SQUADRON, SEYMOUR JOHNSON, AFB
Aircraft Section Flight Chief
1999 – 2000
· Responsible for overseeing 60 aircraft maintainers in the flight operations and repair of 26 F-15 aircraft.
· Managed personnel and maintenance programs in support of aircraft launch, recovery and repair functions.
· Created work and training schedules, conducted personal evaluations, and inspections on aircraft pursuant to the maintenance function.
· Directed the maintenance operations on 26 F-15E aircraft. Responsible for planning, scheduling and directing maintenance and configuration of F-15E aircraft for daily flying schedules.
· Functions as Chief Enlisted Manager/Lead Production Superintendent in support of Operation Northern Watch, generating of 261 combat sorties over a 92-day period.
MILITARY SERVICE SUMMARY
372nd TRAINING SQUADRON, DETACHMENT 16, RAF, Lakenheath, U.K.
Field Training Detachment Production Superintendent/Scheduler (1997 – 1999)
Field Training Detachment Flight Chief/Instructor (1996 – 1997)
365th TRAINING SQUADRON, Sheppard, AFB, TX
Career Development Course Author, F-15 Avionic Systems (1995– 1996)
3450th TECHNICAL TRAINING SQUADRON, Lowry AFB, CO
Career Development Course Author, F-15 Avionic Systems (1993– 1994)
555th AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE UNIT, Luke AFB, AZ
Aircraft Maintenance Debriefer (1992 – 1993)
Avionics Maintenance Technician/Supervisor/Expeditor (1992)
Avionics System Maintenance Technician (1979 – 1984)
550th AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE UNIT, Luke AFB, AZ
Avionics Maintenance Technician/Supervisor/Expeditor (1990 - 1991)
426th AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE UNIT, Luke AFB, AZ
Avionics Maintenance Technician/Supervisor/Expeditor (1989 - 1990)
49th TACTICAL FIGHTER WING, Holloman AFB, NM
Quality Assurance Inspector (1984 - 1987)
405th TACTICAL TRAINING WING, Luke AFB, AZ
Quality Assurance Inspector (1984)