604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
HEALTHCARE professional with 13 years of nursing and supervisory/management experience. Solid knowledge of comprehensive nursing care procedures and excellent direct patient care skills. Reputation as a self-directed professional with superior problem solving, communication, and management skills. Successful in managing time, prioritizing tasks, and organizing projects to improve the Quality of Patient Care.
• Caseload Supervision • COBRA/Regulatory Standards
• Public Health Administration • Direct Patient Care (Long Term/Continuity)
• Cost Controls/Effectiveness • Policy and Procedures Development
• Records Control/Progress Reports • Patient and Family Communications
• Employee and Physician Relations • Third Party Administration
• Risk Assessment Management • Project Coordination/Management
• Instrumental in the accreditation process for membership in the American Association of Retirement Continuing Care. Assisted administrative effort and evaluated criteria, which directly aided facility in meeting the standards for accreditation.
• Generated the highest percentage reimbursement rate (ranked #3 out of 14) for medical assistance by conducting proper caseload management. Liaison directly accountable to physicians (and patients) for overseeing accuracy of case history reports.
• Designed in-house training manual for RNAC position and updated to current federal and state government requirements. Developed nursing protocols (flow sheets and assessment tools) that assisted staff in improving productivity and expediting patient care procedures.
Manning House, Pittsburgh, PA
1998 - Present
Registered Nurse Assessment Coordinator
Coordinator for 61 patients in the Skilled Nursing Unit. Responsible for all the case management and financial assessments in the nursing, dietary, therapy and social activities of patient care. Foster relationships with geriatric patients and their families. Assess implemented prescription medications for residents; suggest changes for care.
Baker Retirement Community, Pittsburgh, PA
1992 - 1998
Assistant Director of Nursing/Floor Supervisor
Acted as charge nurse; oversaw all nursing functions/activities, supervised 30 full-time staff members. Alleviated pressures caused by staffing shortages; directly responsible for low turnover rate of skilled nursing unit. Maintained quality control standards and unit achieved "perfect rating" status during state regulated inspections.
Bradford Nursing Associates, Pittsburgh, PA
1991 - 1992
Licensed Practical Nurse
Provided skilled nursing care to patients on a 20-bed sub-acute unit. Assessed skilled nursing procedures (tube feedings, peripheral intravenous therapy, venipunctures). Performed and taught paraplegic and quadriplegic care; performed peritoneal dialysis and ostomy care. Managed ventilator and tracheotomy care.
• Outstanding service and work ethic award in the "110 Club" (1996 and 1997).
• Special training in Wound Care by The Nursing/Rehabilitation Center at The Graduate Hospital, Philadelphia (1992).
Farmington Community College
St. Elizabeth College
• Practical Nursing - Farmington Community College - 1992
• Nursing Assistant - County Geriatric Center - 1991
• Critical Care - Lehigh Valley Hospital - 1995
• R.N. Preceptor (ICU/CCU) * - Montgomery Hospital - 1997
• Nursing Home Administration ** - Institute for Continuing Education/Research - 2001
* Received Certification for CPR Interventions and IV Therapy
** Currently attending a 120-Hour Course for Certification
Pennsylvania Association for Nursing Home Administrators
Pennsylvania Association of Nurse Assessment Coordinators
PRWRA Darlene Dassy - Darlene's Dynamic Resumes - email@example.com