604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
SENIOR EXECUTIVE PROFILE
High-Growth …. Start-Ups …. Turnaround Situations
Over 30 years of senior-level management and consulting experience within high-growth technology and manufacturing organizations, large corporations and small businesses. Results-oriented with a strong technical background and highly effective strategic management and operations expertise. Developed and managed operations/programs within budget while improving profitability.
Strategic vision and customer-focus with a sense for market opportunities and the ability to successfully identify problems, develop solutions, and implement best practices and process improvements throughout organization – prepared/executed long-range business plans for $3.5 million to over $30 million in annual sales. A common-sense leader who develops highly competent, well-functioning teams, and ensures a productive business organization. Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn and understand key performance drivers and deliver results within market-driven timelines.
Core competencies/areas of expertise include:
· Strategic and Tactical Business Planning
· Profit Improvements and Revenue Gains
· Budgeting, Planning, and Forecasting
· Product/Process Design and Development
· Market and Product Development Research
· Manufacturing Processes and Controls
· Commercial and Government Bidding, RFP’s, and Contract Negotiations
· Full Lifecycle Project and Program Management
· Sales Engineering and Solution Selling
· Customer Relationship Development
EAGLE TECHNOLOGY, INCORPORATED – Mequon, Wisconsin
1996 to Present
Privately held developer of Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) and Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) that provides ProTeus® solutions to facilities and manufacturing operations worldwide. Clients range from single users to large, multi-site operations with full-featured enterprise solutions
ENGINEERING AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
Directed a team of six software engineers and project managers accountable for product design/development, functionality, research, and technical support. Managed an annual capital and operating budget of $425,000. Position is a principal and reports to the CEO.
· Facilitated triple-digit revenue growth from 1996 through 2002 ($800,000 to $1.8 million). Researched, analyzed, and resolved major issues relative to product development, facilities, and personnel.
· Led continuous improvement efforts to develop interfaces in support of multiple databases, systems, and technologies including Oracle, MS SQL, Delphi, and JCI Metasys. Most recently managed the development and implementation of a thin-client, ASP-hosted solution to capture web-based market opportunities.
· Assumed additional responsibility for maintenance of corporate IT resources; currently maintain 44 personal computers and 14 product-testing servers.
BOLYN COMPANY/WRITE COMMUNICATIONS, INC. – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1990 to 1996
PRESIDENT AND CONSULTANT
Provided contracted product/market development research, technology consulting, and turn-key technical writing/publication for OEM clients and users including Snap-On Tools, Kohler Company, Sloan Valve Company, and Paper Machinery Corporation. Managed a staff of 28 employees.
AERONETICS, DIVISION OF AAR CORPORATION – Chicago, Illinois
1984 to 1989
Designer and manufacturer of aircraft instrumentation and avionics. A division of AAR Corporation (NYSE: AIR), one of the largest aviation aftermarket support companies in the world.
VICE PRESIDENT AND GENERAL MANAGER (1986 to 1989)
MARKETING MANAGER, SALES AND SERVICES (1984 to 1986)
Originally hired by AAR Corporation to direct sales and service marketing activities. Because of technical knowledge/experience, assumed additional responsibility of correcting Aeronetics’ delinquent gyroscopic device project. Three months later, promoted to turnaround the Aeronetics Division. Directed a team of 68 production, engineering, sales, and support personnel.
· Developed a growth and recovery plan incorporating significant improvements in producibility, serviceability, quality, and performance. Brought division from a negative 15% ROS to near break-even in six months. Grew sales from $1.8 million to $3.8 million.
· Supervised overdue gyroscopic design project to satisfy $6.5 million in government contracts.
BENDIX CORPORATION – Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1968 to 1983
Designer and manufacturer of aircraft instrumentation and avionics for $35 million general aviation division. Currently, Bendix/King a division of Honeywell International Incorporated (NYSE:HON).
MANAGER, TECHNICAL MARKETING (1982 to 1983)
PRODUCT MANAGER—FLIGHT CONTROL (1979 to 1982)
PROGRAM MANAGER—OEM AND DEALERS (1977 to 1979)
PRODUCT MANAGER—FLIGHT CONTROL (1975 to 1976)
Spearheaded new product definitions, justifications, and financials for flight control, communication, and navigation products. Prepared and presented major proposals of advanced programs with OEMs. Coordinated design elements with engineering to ensure consideration of marketing inputs. Rolled out new products incorporating trade-show marketing, sales training, dealer training, and OEM presentations. As Manager of Technical Marketing, supervised two Product Managers.
· Developed design-control specifications for over 30 product lines.
· Designed and delivered product/sales training programs for over 200 discrete products.
· Administered sales programs for over 300 dealers to include proposals and special promotions.
· Developed advertising, promotion, and public-relations programs.
SUPERVISOR, GENERAL AVIATION PROGRAMS (1973 to 1974)
Prepared and maintained the General Aviation portion of the corporate financial plan – coordinated sales forecasts and market research. Prepared and distributed price lists, catalogs, brochures, and promotional material.
INVENTORY PLANNER (1968 to 1972)
Conducted inventory planning and production scheduling for 200 off-the-shelf catalog and special-order products. Prepared annual sales forecasts and quarterly reviews/updates.
BUSINESS, ELECTRONICS, & MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY,
(Earned 62 Credits)
Miami-Dade Junior College and Broward Community College
Michele J. Haffner - firstname.lastname@example.org - http://www.careerproresumes.com