604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Career opportunity from home and/or healthcare base
"... has superior skills. She would be an asset to any healthcare facility in need of conscientious transcription preparation. Please consider her a strong candidate for such work."
- Diana Baker, M.S., Graduate Counselor, MPP
Experienced in taking authentic physician dictation from all medical specialties, combined with comprehensive self-paced curriculum designed and evaluated by CMTs, physicians and educational experts. Thorough knowledge of medical terminology complemented by a talent for excellent spelling and grammar. Maintain a high degree of accuracy. Proficient in MS Word. Own necessary equipment and reference materials to work from home.
MED PERFORMA PROFESSIONS, Ft. Worth, TX
Graduate: Medical Transcription Course, Minor: Final Score: 97%
• Competently transcribe, proofread and edit complex technical and medical reports for a broad range of clinical specialties and departments using machine dictation and word processing equipment. Create permanent patient records documenting patient care and medical treatments/procedures.
COMPREHENSIVE AREAS OF CONCENTRATION
Transcription Practicum (240 hours)
General Medicine (160 hours)
• OB-GYN & Pediatrics
Surgery (48 hours,) Radiology (16 hours,) Pathology (16 hours)
• ...in addition to transcription covering physicians with foreign accents, doctor's office and hospital transcription, research techniques, and medical report formatting (Operative Reports, Chart Notes, Discharge Summaries, etc.)
• Medical term formation (3,500+ word parts)
• Prefixes, suffixes, & root words
• Specialty equipment, procedures, medications & tests
Anatomy & Physiology Terms
• Body landmarks and divisions
• Body cavities
• Cells, tissues & organ systems
• Disease processes
• Punctuation & capitalization
• Medical plurals
• Grammar & editing
• Acronyms and eponyms
• Numbers & symbols
St. Cloud, MN
1998 - Present
PART-TIME HOME-BASED OFFICE WORK & FULL-TIME PARENTING
Minnesota Workforce Center
1995 - 1996
Job Placement Transcriptionist
• Transcribed documentation of client's job searches. Interacted extensively with job placement counselors.
Clerical Support: Ajax Printing
• Assisted General Manager with proofreading, budgeting, and production of various reports.
ADVANCE TECHNOLOGIES, Monticello, MN
1980 - 1998
• Managed small office and accounting functions for a progressively growing company: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, and Human Resources Insurance & Benefits administration.
• Served on ISO 9000 team to research, document and train on procedures; and later perform audits.
PRWRA Barb Poole - Hire Imaging - 1812 Red Fox Road - St. Cloud, MN 56301 - firstname.lastname@example.org - (320) 253-0975 - (320) 253-1790 fax