Human Resources Manager Retail
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Offering more than 6 years of human resource management experience throughout a background that spans more than 10 years. Human resources background includes benefits administration, new employee orientation, payroll, recruiting, hiring, training, staff development, annual evaluations, and reviews. Additional management experience includes profit and loss, promotions, merchandising, customer service, inventory management, shipping, and receiving. Computer skills include Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook), StoreMax (inventory management), and TimeMax (scheduling and payroll).
Office Depot, Houston, Texas
1990 - Present
Coordinated and directed all human resources activities for up to 50 managers, supervisors, and support personnel, in addition to managing a $6 million operation. Administered all benefits (401k, medical insurance, dental insurance, short-term disability, and life insurance). Interacted with caseworkers and case managers from Texas Workforce Commission, worker's compensation companies, and insurance companies. Managed, audited, and corrected payroll, insuring adherence to company policies and procedures. Recruited personnel by visiting competition and other service-oriented businesses, participating in job fairs, and organizing in-store job fairs. Conducted new employee training and staff development training for groups and individuals. Evaluated managers and supervisors, and reviewed evaluations of hourly staff. Organized, tracked, and conducted 90 day, six-month, and annual reviews for all new employees.
• Reduced employee turnover by approximately 25% and implemented an incentive program that was ranked as one of the top 10% programs within the company nationwide.
• Achieved .2% under payroll consistently, saving at least $20,000 annually.
• Contributed to the promotion of six assistant managers to general managers.
• Grew this store and earned ranking as #1 for profit and #2 for sales throughout the district.
• Hired originally as a customer service manager, promoted to assistant manager after two years, and then in 1994 received promotion to general manager.
Department Manager - J.C. Penny (5 years) Hired, trained, and supervised staff.
Assistant Manager - Walmart (5 years) Trained and supervised personnel.
Buyer - Alexanders Formal Wear (4 years).
TRAINING & AFFILIATIONS
Sexual Harassment, Disciplinary Actions, Implementing New Programs.
CompuSoft -A+ Certification, Office Automation, and Advanced Wordprocessing .