Sales Executive Account Manager
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
MARKETING / SALES MANAGEMENT
Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategies as individual contributor and in a team
Articulate communicator interacting effectively at all organization levels and in marketplace
Build and retain strong relationships resulting in new and increased revenues
Utilize available technologies to leverage market opportunities
Marketing and Sales: Successfully developed and implemented strategies to expand book of business and increase account penetration while maintaining profit margin. Prospected for new business opportunities leveraging existing client base. Implemented consultative sales process; instilled good faith image in client relationships.
Customer Service: Exceeded client expectations for service by consistently providing follow-through on promises and maintaining professional, ethical standards. Achieved exceptionally high retention rate through decisive problem solving and an ability to assess and resolve client concerns.
Management Training: Aggressively directed field office operations and identified opportunities to reduce costs and expenses. Practiced effective time management skills to direct staff and maintain multiple priorities. Expert educator utilizing adult learning principles, with skills to develop curricula, learning plans and materials.
Savings Bank, Montvale, Montvale, CT
1998 - Present
Sales Account Manager
• Manage book of business for 250 merchant clients generating $3 million a month in sales and $1.5 million a month in cash management - annual renewal rate of 98%.
• Conduct in-depth profitability analyses to determine margin of profit for prospective accounts.
• Utilize referral network of bank managers, loan officers, present clients and leads to facilitate business development - built client base from 0 to 250.
• Exceed company targets by combining best practices in account management with personal dedication.
Witherspoon and Company, Whitecliff, CT
1996 - 1997
1994 - 1996
Assistant Vice President
• Sold insurance products as an endorsed agent to a 1900 member medical association in Fairfield County.
• Developed marketing strategies to increase account penetration and client retention.
• Performed client needs analyses; recommended coverage and products; prepared quotes.
• Evaluated products for endorsement by the Association
• Managed operations of the Trumdale office.
Professional Liability Division
1989 - 1993
Sr. Account Executive
• Developed and maintained client base of physicians and attorneys in sale of professional liability products from a variety of carriers.
• Identified opportunities to expand account penetration; cross-sold personal and commercial lines products
Cronin Prime Agent
1986 - 1988
• Sold Cronin personal lines products including prospecting for new clients, assessing client needs and recommending coverages; sold largest individual disability policy and largest group term policy.
• Managed book of business with common renewal date; achieved 95% renewal rate.
Cronin Life Insurance, Hartford, CT
1980 - 1986
Prime Agent Trainee
1985 - 1986
Training Specialist, Employee Benefits Division
1984 - 1985
• Conducted classroom training for groups of newly hired Summary Gate Analysts in 12 week program; instructed in product knowledge, work flow processing and billing systems; tested and evaluated performance; made recommendations regarding placement or termination.
• Revised curriculum and increased effectiveness of materials; enhanced billing systems and workflows; redefined billing codes for increased accuracy.
Summary Gate Analyst, Group Benefits Division
1980 - 1982
• Established billing parameters for newly sold group cases.
• Updated computer billing records for changes in status and benefits of insureds.
East Hamburg Board of Education, East Hamburg, CT
1976 - 1980
Teacher, East Hamburg Jr. High School
• Taught sixth grade subjects, seventh and eighth grade math and science.
• Coached boys; and girls' junior high baseball and basketball and high school junior varsity baseball.
Eastern CT State University
Property & Casualty, Life and Health Insurance
Connecticut State Teaching Certificate, Grades K-8