Home Construction Manager
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Professional with more than 10 years of experience in the building industry. This includes new construction and renovation. Emphasis on designing and building spec and custom homes, with additional experience as a foundation contractor, and specialty steel design fabrication and installation contractor. Wide range of expertise supervising the construction of medium-priced spec homes to high-end custom homes in exclusive neighborhoods. Interested in energy efficient and self-sufficient homes.
Designed and drafted complete construction drawings for homes in San Antonio and Austin. Developed cost estimates. Located, negotiated, and secured sub-contractors. Established time plans for up to 50 contractors. Supervised onsite construction. Tracked all work from excavation to completion of the project. Troubleshot and resolved problems. Worked in a proactive manner to adapt construction to meet customer and job site needs. Supervised utility installation, including ordering, obtaining permits, and overseeing installation.
Bell Custom Homes
Vice President (10 Years)
Designed and built spec and custom homes starting at $250,000. Interacted with architects, owners, building inspectors, utility representatives, and subcontractors.
• Redesigned and drafted house plans for homes in San Antonio and Lakeway to accommodate major design changes.
• Worked with an architect who had purchased a five-story dome home featured in GQ that was completely gutted and rebuilt (inspected structure to determine what kind of steel design was used, developed and drafted all design and construction drawings, received engineering approval, and secured contractors for this property in West River Hills in Austin).
• Developed a bid package and designed a unique apartment suspended across a residential street.
• Served as superintendent during new construction of a $.5 million home designed by Gordon French in River Elms (involved re-engineering and reinforcement of structure with steel beams and steel cables).
• Worked with an artist/welder to design, fabricate, and install specialty stainless steel and wrought iron stairways, gates, and railings for million dollar homes in The Cliffs subdivision of San Antonio.
• Designed homes in Canyon River (San Antonio), working with Doug Alley.
• Originally built homes in Garden Hills and Hillcrest (San Antonio), Lakeview (Austin), and Casaverde.
Owner (1 Year)
Founded a slab company after recognizing a niche in the marketplace.
• Secured a job with Bentex pouring the foundation and tilt walls for a 50,000 square foot retail center in Round Rock (completed in 5 days with 8 men).
• Managed complete foundation projects for homes in the Austin area, including excavation, forms, pour and finish, and flat work.
Trinity University and University of Houston
Science, Minor: Business Management
Completed approximately 70 credit hours