Vice President Organizational Effectiveness
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Senior Level Executive with 16 years experience in managing the human resources and organizational development of large corporations and start-ups. Expert in facilitating groups through complex problem-solving to action and improvement. Areas of expertise include:
• Organization Needs Assessment/Analysis • Strategic and Tactical Planning
• HRIS Technology • Human Resource Systems Alignment
• Culture Change • Training/Development
• Executive Coaching • Self-Directed Work Teams
• Managing Performance • Project Management
• Business and Account Development • Compensation/Benefits
Baker and Baker, Inc., Boston, MA
2000 - Present
Vice President, Organizational Effectiveness
Newly developed position designed to assist in restructuring and improving the operational effectiveness of a start-up online facilitator of solutions connecting physicians' offices/hospitals with managed care providers. Serve on Executive Committee reporting directly to the CEO.
• Established and implemented comprehensive policy development, organizational structure, operating systems, and human resource functions with HR systems and processes.
• Developed short- and long-term operational strategies designed to bring cohesiveness to internal and external processes. Performed overall needs-analysis and assessment to position the company for continued growth and market expansion. Implemented action plans to strengthen business practices.
• Coached and mentored executives and managers. Brainstormed and consulted to troubleshoot operations and improve efficiencies. Prepared and conducted bi-weekly operation team meetings to address needs and ensure consistency of quality performance on an ongoing basis.
• Responsible for reducing recruiter and subcontractor costs by 15 to 30%.
• Brought health-care benefits in-house, realizing cost savings of $200 to $250,000 first year, along with supporting HRIS system.
• Established HR function which included employee handbook, job descriptions to support quality recruitment efforts, job requisition forms, new employee orientation, exit interview procedures, internal job posting policies.
• Developed and implemented performance management and compensation systems to drive organizational focus and performance.
• Developed and administered employee and customer satisfaction surveys with action plans. By incorporating employee suggestions, maintained a low turnover rate of 17%.
Octagon, Inc., Tampa, FL
1999 - 2000
Vice President, Training and Development
• Provided employee training and communication activities through learning programs.
• Developed and implemented new strategic communication tool used to facilitate productivity and quality, and improve companies' bottom-line performance. Marketed products and services to companies through conferences, trade shows, mailings, and other forums.
Reed and Associates, Pittsburgh, PA
1986 - 1999
VP/Practice Leader - Change Management Practice (1991-1999)
Manager, Start-Up Services (1988-1991)
Senior Account Executive (1986-1988)
• Provided integrated solutions with change management services, learning and development systems, and selection and assessment services for an international human resource consulting firm with 800 employees.
• Promoted to VP/Practice Leader to create a Change Management Practice business unit. Provided leadership to complex project teams. Secured consulting revenue ranging from $5 to $12 million annually within four years from initial introduction.
• Promoted to Manager, Start-Up Services to create new facility start-up practice. Oversaw marketing, business development, and delivery teams. Within two years, realized $5 million in sales and 80 new start-up projects.
• Acquired largest account in the company's history. Worked with top executive team to assess needs and provide customized services. Led project team in design and implementation of three-day training programs for dealers and one-day programs for dealers and staff.
• Received President's Award for recognition of the effective development and roll-out of start-up practice. Awarded company's VIP Award four times for meeting and exceeding quotas, goals, and objectives.
• Provided pioneering training and OD processes to link human resources to operations, facilitating productivity, quality, and service gains.
• Introduced assessment, training, and development programs for start-up organizations.
• Guided executives, managers, and union workers in identifying organizational needs and performed specific OD interventions as part of reengineering and process improvement plans.
• Established training/performance improvement measurements to strengthen OD process. Conducted training sessions for sales representatives to increase product/service knowledge.
• Instituted a strong focus on customer satisfaction.
"Organizational Change - How To Merge Business and Culture For Best Results," Press, 1998
"Training - The Opportunities and Pitfalls," The Executive, August 1994
"Quality Training," Proper Training Magazine, February 1993
"How to Keep Top-Notch Employees," Employees and You, December 1990
Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA
B.S., Business Administration
PRWRA Kathy Hadley - Kathryn Hadley & Associates - E-mail: email@example.com