Vice President Of Manufacturing
Frances O 'Malley
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Seeking leadership role as Vice President of Manufacturing, Director of Operations, or Production Supervisor.
Operations / Production / Printing / Quality / Safety
Career reflects over 20 years experience in printing, production, custom manufacture, and quality assurance in the highly competitive and diligently regulated industries of paper, manufacture, and pharmaceutical printing. Possess a demonstrated record of success in custom machine design, process improvement, business expansion, and profit generation.
• Strategist able to satisfy custom design process, for national leading company, needing unique coupon gluing process. Issue was resolved and implemented within 10 days, resulting in an annual sales increase of $700K.
• Sought by senior management to overhaul numerous departments: took after market 'mail & ship' division from -$130K per year to $30K profit in 6 months. Re-designed work flow processes and acquired $15K in capital equipment, which led to $112K profit by end of first year; a $242K revenue turn in 12 months.
• Met objectives of diverse clients serving unique markets. Commercial experiences ranges from; one-page multi-color brochures to posters, 12 page folded pamphlets to several hundred page books, journals, or magazines. Previous clients included, but were not limited to: Cooper Tools, ER Squibb, Convatec, IBM, Eli Lilly, Cisco Systems, Glaxo Pharmaceuticals, Journal of the American Medical Association, & Burroughs Wellcare
• Re-designed training and inspection protocols to increase employee responsibility to quality assurance and accountability to performance competence. Reduced errors by 90% and prevented consumer complaints.
• Developed specialized equipment to produce pharmaceutical-inserts with 'bar codes' to 100% accuracy, so as to comply with regulatory agencies and eliminate liability exposure of client companies.
Reed Lawn Service Company, Penbroke, Indiana
1998 - Present
• Performed analysis of markets and demography to identify 'gap' in local installation and service of landscape organizations.
• Brought business from concept to completion with hire and training of new employees and annual sales over $170K with 24 months, positioned company for acquisition.
• Designed landscape layouts and maintenance schedules for commercial/residential clients.
MediPrint, Louisville, KY
1980 - 1998
• Multi-division responsibilities included 150 employees, 5 managers, & $5M division budget.
• Responsible for hiring, training, and evaluating staff for bindery, production, inventory, maintenance, mailing/distribution, and administration.
• Coordinated employee schedules, customer orders, and production benchmarks.
• Took initiative through out tenure to lead company growth from $5M-$32M in annual sales.
• Responsible for facilities management, equipment maintenance, and capital improvements, including: Pocket Plus Cover Feed Muller DSS Saddle Stitcher, McCain 2000 Saddle Stitcher, Muller 321 Saddle Stitcher, 30" and 26" MBO Folders, 26" Model 726 and 226 Baumfolders, 26" Mark IV Baumfolder, 13" Vijuk Minifolders, 14" Dexter CU 14 Folders, 40" Iijima die Cutters, 45" Polar Electromat with Lawson Computer Upgrade, 45" Polar EMC Cutters with Trim Out attachment, Hanagata Automatic Shrink Wrapping Machines, Wedltron Manual Shrink Wrapping Machines, CGD Cyclone Pocket Folder Fluer, Sulby Mini Binder, and Brackett Circular Automatic Padder.
• Interfaced between sales and manufacturing to design products for automatic production.
• Assembled prototypes and approved final layout of customer design equipment & projects.
• Supervised selection and implementation of dielines prior to manufacture.
• Researched/developed gluing operations on pharmaceutical folders.
• Designed and engaged components on Vijuk minifolders for gluing 6" x 2 5/8" to 1 5/8" x 2 5/8" coupons three sides up with 100% accuracy.
• Designed and installed system to glue pocket folders, envelopes, and sleeves.
• First operations supervisor to establish 2nd and 3rd shift operations, led to round the clock production, business expansion, and significant corporate profitability.
MediPrint, Louisville, KY
1969 - 1980
Machine Operator/ Production Staff
Bachelor of Arts, Communication Arts, Minor: Business
• Graduated Summa Cum Laude.
• Member Delta Epsilon Sigma, Catholic College Honor Society.
• Mentioned in 2000 Edition of Who's Who in American Colleges and Universities.
• George Perry Award for Academic Achievement in Major.
• St. Genesius Medal for hours accumulated in practicum.