Graphic Design Specialist
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
GRAPHICS DESIGN PROJECT & EVENT MANAGEMENT / COMMUNICATIONS
Executive coordinator, project manager, meeting planner, and production management professional focused on project and event design, promotional planning/administration, business management and communications. Diverse and unique multi-task leadership and business skills include:
· Event Planning/Coordination Management
· Production Project Coordination
· Creative Marketing/Promotions
· Innovative Team Planning
· Media/Press Relations/Public Relations
· Television Network Graphic Stylist/Designer
· Relationship Customer Service
· Vendor Relationship Management
· Vertical Customer Base Expansion
· Graphics Design Consultant
· Production Supervisor Liaison
· Creative/Team Oriented General Manager
· Competitive Analysis/ Industry Trend Analysis
· Written/Verbal/Interpersonal Communications
· Target Market Campaigns/Counter Strategies
· Proprietary Software Skills/Design Software
· Goal Oriented Team Leader
· Staff/Contract Supervision/Training/Motivation
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
· A proven innovator and creative manager who possesses skills for graphic design project management and related event coordination work.
· Successful projects have been with major television networks and supporting design departments within those networks, company experience includes: CNN / CNNfn / CBS / ABC.
· Strong ability to oversee new programs/products and immediately improve existing programs through effective management skills: marketing materials, advertising, promotional communications, web support/e-solutions, public relations, major client management, product development and merchandising, event management, creative concept development and related solutions to build business and ensure quality, safe, effective and timely project completions.
· Maintains a broad view of what the project team is trying to accomplish and how decisions in one area may affect those in another. Proven leader with track record for taking ideas from concept to creative, effective, profitable and productive solutions for groups, individual retail customers and corporate customers.
· Diverse communication, organizational, marketing and management skills that will apply easily to a number of multi-task management assignments. Able to take calculated risks without harming product image. Known as a motivated leader who can build or work within a structured environment. Strong entrepreneurial attitude toward assignments.
· Strong production management experience with a rapid promotional history in fast-paced environments. Recognized for creative ability and consistent attention to detail throughout all phases and project design and implementation.
· Regarded as an innovative, competitive problem-solver who successfully leads new strategic alliances and activities into highly profitable operations through proven people development philosophies and advanced understanding of operational and marketing solutions that immediately impact quality/results.
· Able to design and build graphics and presentation strategies under tight deadlines and short, intense production periods.
· Creative production management ability includes: innovative team planning, team motivation, and unique, effective graphic design. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills – a team player, focused on results.
WEST VIRGINIA WESLEYAN COLLEGE, Buckhannon WV
Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Arts with a minor in Business Administration (May 2002)
Flash 4.0, D’Vinci Interactive (2000)
Quantel Paintbox System, Sheffield Institute, Quantel Officers (1998)
CNN NETWORK, New York, NY
1998 – 2001
Production Management Intern and Part-Time (Summers)
· Maintained open communication lines with producers and anchors to design creative and effective visual strategies for shows.
· Created graphics for daily broadcasts of “Moneyline” with Lou Dobbs”, using the Liberty Paint System.
· Served as a liaison between producers, directors, and anchors to determine the most dynamic and appropriate graphics for a variety of subject matter.
· Worked closely with the Art Director to guide the production of full-screen layouts, over-the-shoulder boxes, and various animation in short, intense production periods.
CNNfn NETWORK, New York, NY
1998 – 2001
Graphic Design Internship (Summers)
· Responsible for all design and graphic production projects as well as the management of production teams.
· Conceptualized, designed and built all graphics for “Moneyweek”, a “Moneyline” weekend spin-off.
· Consulted with directors, producers and anchors to research and design various creative story segments that are aired through both networks. (CNN & CNNfn).
· Responsible for the overall organization and planning of network design needs; managed artist and technical design team to complete all scheduled graphics under deadline for production.
CBS NETWORK, New York, NY
· Designed and created “Over-The-Shoulder” graphic box displays using Quantel Paintbox for the “Weekend News with Dan Rather”.
· Maintained expert working knowledge of cutting-edge design applications, software systems and visual strategies.
· Built and fostered open communication lines with all network management, production personnel, directors and anchors.
ABC NETWORK, New York, NY
Graphic Artist Internship
· Served as the Art Directors Assistant, helping to create ideas for new segments of “World News Tonight with Peter Jennings.”
· Participated in multiple production meetings concerning solutions to graphic issues for the show and the network.
TECHNICAL & SOFTWARE EXPERTISE
· Quark Express
· Photoshop 3.0 – 6.0
· Quantel Paintbox System
· Adobe AfterEffects
· Adobe Premiere
· Flash 4.0
· Liberty Paint System
· Everest / Peak
· D’Vinci Interactive
· Various Camera Systems
· Various Lighting Systems
John M. O'Connor - firstname.lastname@example.org - http://www.CareerProResumes.com