Sales Engineer Technology
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Sales engineer with a successful record managing a territory and providing consultative services for both hardware and software solutions for a system integration company, combined with three years of additional sales and marketing experience. Sales process involves reviewing the client's process sheet, determining hardware to meet physical requirements, using AutoCAD to design systems, creating schematic designs based on the process sheet, panel building, and assisting engineers in designing and building software. Proven record of success initiating contacts, developing successful interactive selling relationships throughout a multiple level sales process, effectively selling customized corporate solutions to major corporations, and meeting and exceeding sales goals. Interacted with a diverse group of individuals, from senior-level executives to hourly workers. Proficient in written and oral German.
HELIX INTERNATIONAL, Houston, Texas
Sales Engineer, 1998 - Present
Maintain sole responsibility for all sales and manage a $1 million territory throughout the United States. Serve in a consultative role to provide clients with custom designed hardware and software solutions for this system integration company with its own line of distributed process control equipment. Call on presidents, vice president of operations, plant operators, and engineers representing gas transmission companies, waste water treatment facilities, and manufacturers. Write business plans, perform cash flow analyses, write proposals, determine costs, and negotiate contracts. Report to the President.
· Started out strictly in engineering with responsibility for redesigning systems and processes to lower costs.
· Reduced time during the manufacturing process by 10% and increased reliability by reducing the number of components with connections.
· Achieved 100% year-to-date for sales goal in 1999.
· Participated in panel building of systems that included a 5000 wired connection with 70 of the company's hardware devices.
· Co-developed a new product that solved a customer's problem relative to a process control system.
· Wrote marketing materials, and developed marketing and business strategies.
· Designed and built the company's Web site.
FERNDALE CORPORATION, Nashville, Tennessee
Independent Consultant, 1997 - 1998
Represented and sold commercial land sites, and solved utility problems for this commercial and residential land development company specializing in the development of high volume/low margin retailers, service stations, fast food restaurants, hotels, and single and multi-family projects.
· Secured a final sales price that was 28% higher than anticipated for one particular piece of property.
JAYBIRD CORPORATION, Nashville, Tennessee
Account Executive, 1995 - 1997
Sold printing services and managed the entire gamut from quoting the job through production and delivery. Called on vice presidents of marketing, traffic managers, and graphic arts managers representing manufacturers, record label companies, advertising agencies, promoters, and book publishing houses.
· Attained 130% of plan for highest monthly sales.
· Created a purchase order system that established subcontracting controls and insured proper work was completed. Eliminated chance of damaging customer projects.
ACME RESOURCES, Houston, Texas
Superintendent, 1994 - 1995
Supervised and coordinated multiple construction projects for the custom and speculative homebuilder in both teardown lots and new subdivisions. Interacted with outside investors on speculative projects. Estimated costs, ordered materials, scheduled production, and authorized payments to suppliers and subcontractors. Maintained quality control and monitored construction for adherence to industry standards. Met with building inspectors and ensured compliance with building codes. Worked with customers to change orders and handle warranty items.
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, Windows 98 & 95, LonWorks
Software: Microsoft Office 2000 (Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel,
Outlook), AutoCAD v.14, PCAD, Citect, Paragon TNT, FrontPage 98, Netscape Composer, Easy FTP, HotMetal,
Corel Office 8 Professional, Corel Draw 6.0, Adobe PhotoShop, IsaGraf
AND TRAINING ST. EDWARDS UNIVERSITY
PRWRA Sandy Hild - The Résumé Doctor - Theresumedoctor@aol.com - firstname.lastname@example.org - http://www.theresumedoctor.com