604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Position utilizing solid background as Buyer/Contract Administrator.
• Purchased millions of dollars worth of raw materials, machinery, equipment, machine parts, and finished goods.
• Prepared estimates of man-hour requirements for procurement and inspection services and negotiated subcontractors' services.
• Secured shipping costs, brokerage fees, and duty fees through international brokers and then created competitive proposals.
• Negotiated and renegotiated material costs payment terms and warranty periods, arranged deliveries, and wrote product descriptions containing all technical information.
• Interacted extensively with engineering and technical personnel, on an ongoing basis, to insure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
• Developed and maintained open and professional relationships with international and domestic suppliers, securing agreements for exclusive access to products.
• Negotiated pricing for both sales and purchasing, resulting in enhanced profit margins.
• Increased sales and profit levels by developing new customers and expanding existing accounts.
• Demonstrated technical knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics by automating mechanical equipment and introducing new products.
• Trained and supervised sales staff, resulting in increased efficiency, customer service, and sales.
• Managed a wide range of documentation, including profit structure evaluations, proposals in all stages of negotiation, and inspection reports.
• Utilized computers to maintain inventory control, research suppliers, and prepare customer and vendor profiles.
Acme Distributors, Spokane, Washington
1991 - Present
Maintain agreements with international suppliers throughout Europe, Asia, South America, and the United States. Prepare export papers for goods sold overseas. Purchase a variety of commodities, including hydraulic and pneumatic valves, electrical components, mechanical equipment, and machine parts. Perform troubleshooting of equipment and supervise repairs.
• Handled procurement functions on $100 million turnkey project for Ford Motor Company.
• Created a profitable spare parts business that assisted customers in effecting repairs and increased profits by reducing downtime.
• Maintained positive and professional relationship with both suppliers and customers.
Baker Supplies, Spokane, Washington
1985 - 1991
Established new accounts throughout Washington and Oregon by promoting new concepts and designs in hydraulics and pneumatics. Managed over 200 accounts generating over $1.5 million in annual sales. Purchased special equipment and coordinated its delivery and installation.
• Turned an unprofitable territory into one of the most profitable in the company in less than a year.
• Introduced new products to major accounts, enabling them to achieve significant energy savings.
• Taught courses and seminars in Industrial Hydraulics to customers, maintenance workers, and sales staff.
• Increased turnaround time from contact to proposal, effectively eliminating competition.
• Consistently exceeded sales goals and projections and earned reputation as top sales engineer.
Prior to 1985, worked as a Production Supervisor, Expeditor, and Materials Analyst.
Spokane Community College, Spokane, Washington
Diploma, Production Planning
Purchasing Managers Association
PRWRA Freddie Cheek - Cheek & Cristantello Career Connections - email@example.com