Office Manager Legal Secretary
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Office administration position that will utilize proven office and personnel management, project development, organizational and administrative skills.
SELECTED SKILLS SUMMARY
• Administrative Project Management • Document Organization
• Interpersonal/Vendor Communications • Personnel Training & Supervisory Skills
• Excellent Writing/Proofreading/Editing Skills • Project Development/Implementation
• Word Processing/Document Presentations • Media/Presentation Equipment
• Scheduling/Workflow Management • Multi-task/Detail Orientation
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Able to responsively interact with clientele and staff to understand and define their specific administrative and communication needs while delivering those solutions through effective office management.
• Experienced in using software applications (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel) to create original professional documents, presentations, and reports.
• Outstanding communication skills, especially writing, editing, and proofreading copy.
• Outstanding organizational skills and proven application of these skills in all aspects of scheduling and managing staff under my supervision.
• Ability to coach people in desktop support situations.
• Experienced working in a variety of settings including Legal, Information Technology, Higher Education, and Corporate.
Doyle and Reed Law Firm, Henderson, NC
1999 - Present
• Responsible for compiling, typing, proofreading, and revising correspondence and critical legal documents.
• Organize and enter legal scheduling deadlines in the Poyner & Spruill docket system.
• Work with both online and offline documents that are to be prepared for court filing and presentation.
• Serve in an administrative nature, responsible for organizing schedules and legal documents in both file and online databases.
• Process paperwork necessary for the opening of new legal matters.
• Responsible for organizing and scheduling travel arrangements for attorneys, prepare travel reimbursements.
North Carolina University, Chapel Hill, NC
1997 - 1999
• Demonstrated management skills by providing office support for staff in four major divisions.
• Hired, trained, supervised, and coordinated the schedules of twelve student assistants.
• Processed and tracked paperwork and online transactions for purchasing, staff travel & training, and invoice payments in a timely and accurate manner to ensure completion of transactions.
• Managed and coordinated mail distribution, supplies, preparation of large mailings, parking permits & arrangements, office renovations & relocations, and all other administrative functions.
• Set up and managed several email lists.
• Maintained list of all renewable contracts for software licenses, hardware maintenance, and hardware & software support contracts.
• Nominated by my peers for an ATN Employee Recognition Award in the category of Peer Support.
Eastern Baptist College, Enya, ND
1993 - 1997
The LEAD Program
Student Academic Services Secretary (1996 - 1997)
• Worked with adult students in accelerated adult education program for the BS in Business Administration degree.
• Administered Admissions Tests to prospective students.
• Photographed students at class registrations & processed ID cards using QuickTake 150 Digital Camera and PowerBook 150 Computer.
• Tracked and confirmed single course registrations.
• Updated student records on POISE computer system.
General Secretary (1994 - 1996)
• Ensured smooth operation of office functions by purchasing supplies for all departments.
• Created a cataloguing and archiving system for graduates' final research project manuscripts.
• Demonstrated written communication skills by editing various departmental newsletters.
Receptionist (1993 - 1994)
Managed up to twelve incoming phone lines and cared for student and faculty clientele.
Hingston County Community College, Enya, ND
1992 - 1993
English Lab Assistant/Tutor
• Worked with professors to instruct small groups in WordPerfect 5.1, composition, and grammar software programs.
• Conducted formal lab orientation for new students in developmental reading & writing classes.
Octagon, Inc., Falls Church, VA
1992 - 1993
• Provided administrative support for a growing computer sales and service company in the Midatlantic region by managing the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, tracking account records, and maintaining a customer database and vendor files.
Hildibrand Library, Enya, ND
1990 - 1992
• Responsible for securing periodicals with sensor strips as part of the library's security system.
• Instructed library patrons in the use of automated research programs such as InfoTrac.
• Circulated and shelved books and materials.
SELECTED SOFTWARE SKILLS
• Windows Operating Environments • CAD/CAM, Requisition Software
• Time Tracking/Invoicing • Word Perfect (all recent versions)
• Advanced Documentation/Legal Research • Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access
• InfoTrac and ERIC Research Programs • Microsoft Publisher
• Database/Data Entry/Schedule Documentation
WESTERN NAZARENE COLLEGE, Enya, ND
Graduate Studies in Education, 9/95-4/97, GPA: 3.9
Dean's List, Honor Roll, Honor Scholarship, GPA: 3.4
TREVECCA NAZARENE COLLEGE, Travest, TX
Undergraduate Studies in English and Journalism, 8/87-5/89 (transferred to WNC)
Dean's List, Honor Roll, Honor Scholarship, GPA: 4.0
PRWRA John O'Connor - CareerProResumes.com - Careerpro2@aol.com