International Program Officer
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM OFFICER
Offering Multi-lingual and Organizational Strengths
Respected and motivated Canadian leader, with an International Relations Degree, specializes in project completion for humanitarian emergencies. Encompasses optimal development and guidance of human capital, while balancing logistical, budgetary, administration, training and geo-political considerations. Focused and tenacious, devising the tactical action plans to translate policy objectives into operative procedures. Interfaces seamlessly with others from all levels, backgrounds and cultures. Functions well in under-serviced and unpredictable zones with limited resources. Articulate communicator. Single: will travel or relocate.
· Leadership & Strategic Planning
· Policy Development & Administration
· Curriculum Development & Training
· Speech Writing & Public Address
· Grant & Proposal Writing
· Media, Community & Public Relations
· Crisis Intervention
· Human Resource Optimization
· Volunteer Coordination
· Multi-ethnic Sensitivity & Tolerance
· Rational Decision Making
· Government & NGO Affiliations
CAREER PATH: Samaritan’s Purse International Relief (1998 - Present)
Corporation provides humanitarian aid in over 95 countries from 15 global offices. Projects include delivering and/or providing medical relief, school reconstruction, emergency aid, housing, shelter, relief supplies, HIV/AIDS treatment and water sourcing.
WATER PROGRAM MANAGER
2000 - Present
Earned this senior position to spearhead policy and strategic planning at the global, regional, and country levels. Scope of responsibility is diverse including managing water projects in 25 countries, serving as the technical specialist and consultant for field staff, volunteers and other organizational members. Relied upon to review and guide the project implementation and management of activities, and cooperate with local organizations for goal implementation. Authorized with an annual $500 000 spend.
· Improve partner relationships by gaining trust and transparency, a considerable task given the magnitude of the human and natural disasters faced by the affected countries.
· Recognized subject matter expert. Senior source for all projects involving Water and Sanitation, Environmental Analysis, HIV/AIDS, International Human Resources, and Disaster Relief requirements.
· Spearheaded an important international evaluation of six project sites (Mozambique/ Kenya/ Cambodia/ Vietnam/ Honduras/ Nicaragua), collaborating with Accord Research Center and consultants. Largest study of this nature to be performed on technology, regular narrative, and financial reporting.
· Trusted to serve as program liaison with organizations such as the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), in addition to donors, and international offices. Further, serve as Canadian corporate spokesperson and address media and press within Canada, and while representing the organization abroad.
· Sole grant and proposal writer on site. Secured funds for program through CIDA, USAID, private donors, foundations, $1.5M + within three years. Captured an additional $30M + in grants by teaming with other site writers for USAID projects.
· Manage, equip and train field staff, interns and volunteers for the proper transfer of technology. Develop and/or upgrade curriculum, and conduct orientation workshops.
· Currently, coordinating evaluation with WHO and University of North Carolina.
· Obtained crucial, multi-year funding for Internship Program responsible for the recruitment, training, and management of over 47 interns for field assignments. Solid managerial skills have resulted in one of the nation’s most successful CIDA funded internship programs.
· Restructured the pre-existing and faltering Internship Program, which was cancelled under the former predecessor, into one of Canada’s most successful internships. Revitalized all operational aspects. Revamped training materials, and recruiting processes. Enacted more rigorous screening measures, accepting only the most suitable candidates, permitting field staff to hire only the most suitable candidates. Program started with just 8 interns before being cancelled: has now received CIDA multi-year funding, hosting over 57 positions.
DISASTER RELIEF TEAM LEADER - Special Assignment
Jordan and Iraq
Part of five-member First-In-Team for organization. Worked in concert with United Nation (UN) officials. Received and managed the distribution of relief supplies from the United Kingdom.
· Ensured short term warehouse staffing, to assemble Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) kits. Some 5000 families received these kits, containing vital hygiene and toiletry items.
· Discussed emergency relief water and sanitation schemes for potential IDPs with UN and sector leaders.
WATER AND SANITATION TEAM LEADER
Charged to lead, support and motivate work crews, partner organizations, and volunteers for this considerable water and sanitation initiative. Determined logistical and procurement needs for water equipment and supplies. Assembled emergency water system for community.
· Coordinated the installation of 50 water filtration units in rural households.
· Assisted to draft a USAID proposal that realized a $12M grant.
1998 - 2000
Honduras, Nicaragua, Brazil, Guatemala, El Salvador and Ecuador
Trusted with an important initial assignment focusing on transferring low water treatment technology through workshops to local partner organizations with low technology. Synchronized community participation for task completion. Quickly earned respect and promotions. First woman hired for this role.
· Generated program materials for diverse beneficiary groups.
· Lead user compliance training and education seminars.
· Strong analytical skills continuously monitored and evaluated project effectiveness.
TEAM LEADER (Special Assignment)
Directed disaster relief efforts in rural communities suffering from the effects of Hurricane Mitch. Coordinated staff and volunteers and partner organizations.
· Honed effective writing skills by contributing to the development of a USAID proposal resulting in a $12M grant.
COORDINATOR (Special Assignment)
Organized the delivery of community and household scale water filtration units and food distribution to rural locations also affected by Hurricane Mitch.
· Designated key team member to assist with visiting donor groups of 10 - 30. Important role, held accountable for booking accommodations, purchasing food, arranging transportation/airline tickets, providing translators, designing schedules/meetings, security, and dealing with press/ media.
MULTI LINGUAL CAPABILITIES
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS: Regularly requested for public speaking engagements. Address Members of Parliament, Senators, senior government officials, in addition to local and national media (radio, television, promotional video), foreign government dignitaries and officials, NGOs, church and community organizations, youth groups, academic institutions and staff. Topics, some keynote, include: International Relief, Water in Emergencies and BioSand Water Filters.
TECHNOLOGY: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet Research. Relief Equipment e.g., Thuraya satellite phone
EDUCATION & SPECIALIZED TRAINING
BACHELOR OF ARTS - INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
Trinity Western University, Langley, British Columbia, Canada
During third year of studies, traveled to Nicaragua for two weeks to learn about the technology and participate in a Samaritan’s Purse credit workshop.
· One of two graduates selected to receive an internship offer from Samaritans Purse.
· Involved extensively in multiple committees and organizations: (Aide to Resident Assistant, Class Committee Member, Student Volunteer Leader, Worked Reception Desk, Street Light Ministry - Inner City, and Youth Crisis Hotline Co-Leader)
CULTURE AND BUSINESS MODULES
The Liverpool School, England
▪ Project Management ▪ HIV/AIDS and the Global Community ▪ Crisis Counseling ▪
▪ WHMIS ▪ CPR ▪ St John Ambulance ▪ Certified Competitive Swimming Coach ▪
▪ Red R Water Treatment in Emergencies and Water Sources in Emergencies - UK (Certificate) ▪
INTERESTS: Travel / Reading / Sports / Health / Music
▪ Reliability ▪ Determination ▪ Integrity ▪
Audrey Field - firstname.lastname@example.org - http://www.resumeresources.ca