Community Relations Manager
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Public Relations Strategist and Campaign Director with seven years experience. Proficient in community and public outreach, multimedia communications, publications management and crisis management. Accomplished in managing relationships with print and broadcast media personalities. Skilled in large-scale event coordination and management.
Experience in marketing, sales, and program management. Strategic and creative thinker with effective communication and writing skills. Experienced in multi-task management. Proven ability to develop strong client relationships quickly and to promote teamwork.
• Community Relations • Advertising Strategies • Marketing Strategies
• Print Production • Special Event Planning • Promotional Materials
• Multi-Faceted Tasks • Mac and IBM Programs
OCTAGON SHELTER FOR WOMEN AND CHILDREN, El Paso, TX
1999 - Present
Community Relations Coordinator
• Planned, organized, and coordinated the overall public relations activities, evaluating corporate image and desired impact, developing innovative promotions and positive media relations to increase recognition and credibility, and monitoring process to ensure compliance with identified goals and objectives.
• Scheduled and coordinated all media presentations and community education presentations.
• Assisted Executive Director in administrative responsibilities when requested.
• Acted as Board Liaison.
• Coordinated all public and special event planning. Coordinated all aspects of fundraisers.
• Developed and implemented the 1st Christmas Card Fundraiser still in use today.
LINCOLN, BEALE, & FRANK, Waco, TX
1996 - 1999
• Wrote and edited advertising copy for all media advertising.
• Placed all media buys and coordinated promotions with newspapers, radio, and television.
• Managed all details of advertising and direct-mail campaigns, including concept development, liaison with print shop and media, and coordination of mailing services.
• Compiled media and group sales kits as a marketing tool.
• Managed marketing, advertising, public relations program and budget.
• Researched, planned, implemented, and evaluated the development of activities and special events to capitalize favorable position with the public and increase revenue.
• Identified current market segments and assessed the current market's demographic data.
• Managed and produced materials to maintain and inform productive efficient staff.
• Developed training programs used by staff to build, increase, and maintain customer retention.
• Coordinated and promoted regional fund-raising events with numerous local charitable organizations including American Heart Association, Boys & Girls Clubs, and Big Brother-Big Sisters.
WEST TEXAS EDUCATION FOUNDATION, Amarillo, TX
1994 - 1996
Executive Assistant to CEO
• Assisted Board of Directors and Executive Director. Managed daily operations.
• Instrumental in the coordination and development of fundraising activities and program development.
• Created foundation print materials and handled all aspects of media and community relations.
GEO SYSTEMS, INC., El Paso, TX
1993 - 1994
Account Executive / Public Relations
• Contacted clients at location sites to counsel, advise, and assess specific needs for advertising services of monthly magazine.
• Demonstrated effective cold calling, appointment setting, and thorough follow-up.
• Developed a personal customer base through excellent customer service and thorough product knowledge.
• Edited reports, press releases, and editorials. Attended special events and promotions.
GOLDMAN & COMPANY, Amarillo, TX
1992 - 1993
Marketing / Public Relations Representative
• Managed and coordinated the "Adventure Team" Incentive Programs through promotional campaigns.
• Set and attained promotional goals with retailers.
• Evaluated promotions, collected data, and reported findings to marketing / research.
HOUSTON STATE UNIVERSITY, El Paso, TX
Bachelor of Arts, Journalism and Advertising, Minor: Graphic Design
PAST AFFILIATIONS AND COMMUNITY SERVICE
Big Brothers / Big Sisters, Board Member
Texas Partners In Education Committee
Public Relations Society of America
United Way of Amarillo, Allocations Team