Consumer Product Marketing Professional
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT … BRAND MANAGEMENT
MARKET ANALYSIS … KEY ACCOUNTS
· Marketing and sales professional with more than seven years of consumer product goods (key accounts) management, five years of large-retailer sales experience, and 2003 MBA.
· Distribution channel development and channel creation experience.
· Strategic thinking coupled with solid financial, statistical, and analytical skills.
· Strong presentation and communication skills, able to establish and sustain strong customer relationships while effectively balancing customer and business needs.
· Proficient using business technology including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Marketing Competencies Include
· Strategic Business & Market Planning
· Customer/Competitive Research & Analysis
· Market/Business-Trend Analysis
· Price/Profitability Modeling
· Report & Brief Writing
· Promotional Events
PATRICK CUDAHY (a division of Smithfield Foods) – Cudahy, WI
2002 to Present
· Manage wholesale/retail and alternative distribution channels within Milwaukee, Chicago, and Central IL markets representing $4 million in retail sales volume. Build product awareness and maximize distribution/profitability for all product categories.
· Prepare strategic market analysis reports to include forecasting, profitability/ROI, market share, and competitive analysis using independent research and AC Nielsen data. Develop and deliver reports to colleagues within sales region.
· Assist with new product development projects to include positioning, package design, test marketing, advertising, collateral development, and product launch. Recommended and worked on four successful product development projects to date.
· Established a 39% incremental sales volume increase and a 41% total dollar contribution increase within key accounts during 2003.
ENERGIZER BATTERY (a division of Energizer Holdings) – Milwaukee, WI
2000 to 2002
· Achieved a 35% sales increase within targeted accounts through strong customer relations and the development/implementation of effective sales and marketing initiatives.
· Performed national, key account, and local market analysis using independent research, syndicated, and in-house data including AC Nielsen, Tri-Vista, and Retail Link.
· Received “Best Attitude and Work Ethic Award” for entire region.
HILLSHIRE FARM (a division of Sara Lee Corporation) – Milwaukee, WI
1997 to 2000
· Implemented selling plan, calling on key accounts in SE WI and Northern IL. Achieved “President’s Club” status for annual sales in excess of $1 million.
· Prepared strategic marketing reports to include sales volume, market share, and competitor data from independent research and IRI syndicated data.
· Achieved permanent shelf space on core products to 70% of stores through strong customer service and communication of sales performance data with key buyers.
Additional Marketing and Sales Experience
Home-Depot – Sales Associate, Electrical (Part-Time)
1999 to 2000
Menard’s – Sales Associate, Electrical (Part-Time)
1992 to 1996
MBA – Cardinal Stritch University, Glendale, WI
BA (Public Relations) – Mississippi Valley State University, Itta Bena, MS
Undergraduate Internship with SMP Advertising (Summer 1995)