Accounts Payable Clerk
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Seeking position as an Accountant where nearly five years of related experience will add value.
· Strong background in bookkeeping includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, reporting and spreadsheet management. Deadline-driven, familiar with general ledger work.
· Highly self-motivated. Proactively took on added responsibilities in current bookkeeping position, to produce 50% more accounting work than expected (1999-present).
· Superior work ethic. Accustomed to long hours in pursuit of company goals.
· Organized and efficient. Skilled at managing multiple tasks with competing priorities.
Accounts Payable Clerk: XYZ Systems, Minneapolis, MN
Provide wide range of bookkeeping services to this nationwide distributor of fasteners.
· Track and manage expenditures involving $150,000.00 weekly. Track payments and schedule future payments. Verify accuracy of every expense before entering payment stream.
· Reconcile and distribute payment to multiple vendors. Distribute daily general operating reports. Maintain logs of payment schedules and freight expenditures.
· Handle accounts receivable and billing services, as needed. Process month-end closings and monthly reports. Use Excel and HP mainframe to manage accounting data.
· Regularly take on added responsibilities involving spreadsheet management and other duties.
· Negotiate effectively with vendors to delay payments to 60+ days, as needed. Successfully retained 100% of 75 vendors while maximizing cash reserves.
Manager: ABC, Minneapolis, MN
Tasked with managing all retail operations, from procurement and logistics to staff supervision.
· Set up systems to maintain ordering, inventory and processing of livestock and dry goods.
· Devised budgets, handled all purchasing and verified accuracy of up to $5,000 in cash daily.
Computer Operator: PDQ, Inc., Minneapolis, MN
Processed and organized month-end reports for XYZ and other clients; recruited by XYZ.
Bookkeeper/Manager: Frank’s Plant Shop, Blaine, MN
Handled weekend bookkeeping while managing staff and properties for six parking facilities.
· Completed general ledger bookkeeping involving up to $20,000.00 in total revenues.
· Associate of Arts Degree: Big State University, Mainville, MN (1985).
· Computer skills: Windows 98/2000, Word, Excel, Outlook and HP mainframe IMS system.