Bookkeeper Account Management
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
To secure a position in Accounting and Finance where I can use my bookkeeping and managerial experience to become an asset to my employer.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over 20 years of business experience.
• Bachelors degree in Accounting.
• Strong background in Finance and Accounting methodologies and practices.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Highly creative and intuitive problem solver.
• Strong motivator, supervisor, and trainer.
• Commitment to work that furthers the growth and wholeness of individuals and the company.
• Personable, articulate, poised, and professional with both top management and support staff.
• Working knowledge of Spanish and French Creole. Fluent in the Dutch and Papiamentoe languages.
Full-charge Bookkeeping and Accounting
Performing full charge bookkeeping and account management through financial statements and assembled documentation for year-end audits and respond to auditors' inquiries. Expertise includes, but is not limited to:
• Accounts Receivable and Billing • Inventory Control
• Budgeting • Prepared Bank Deposits
• Accounts Payable • Fixed Assets Analysis
• Bank Reconciliation • Automated Payroll
• General Ledger • Financial Account Analysis
• QuickBooks Accounting Software • Windows 98
• ADP Payroll • AS/400
• Proprietary Company Software • MS Word and Excel
Supervision and Training
Supervise Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable department. Provide training to develop, maintain and enhance good customer relations as well as ethical accounting practices.
Initiative and Innovation
Established and directed a non-profit organization program for women in transition from welfare to work or in their place of employment. Oversaw the following responsibilities:
• Accounting and finance procedures.
• Writing grants and proposals for state funds.
• Overseeing the overall operation of the organization.
Reed Securities, New York, New York
1997 - Present
Baker Storage, Inc, Elizabeth, New Jersey
1993 - 1997
Jr. Staff Accountant
Designers Unlimited, New York, New York
1986 - 1993
Assistant Finance Manager
Lynn Cordova, CPA, New Rochelle, New York
1980 - 1986
Full Charge Bookkeeper
Rutgers University, Newark, NJ
AWARDS AND HONORABLE RECOGNITIONS
• Certificate in Neighborhood Leadership Initiative - Community Foundation.
• Certificate in Parent Leadership - Parent Organizing Parent Strategy by State University.
• Parent Facilitator Certificate - State University.
• 1999 Excellence Award - Category of Volunteerism.
• Outstanding Achievement in Mathematics - Institute of Technology- EOF.
• Outstanding Academic Award - County College.
• Academic Excellence Award - County College Education Opportunity Funds (EOF).
• Performing Arts Award - Cultural Association.
PRWRA Dawn Reid - PTI Career Services - P.O. Box - Roselle, NJ 07203 - http://www.mypti.com