604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Course Development and Delivery
Offering more than 10 years’ experience in pre-school to corporate classroom environments, exceptional communication and analytical skills, and a broad knowledge base. Possess excellent computer, analysis, and problem resolution skills. Self-motivated, multi-tasking team player with leadership abilities. Interact easily with people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and professional levels. Excellent understanding of and ability to accommodate individual learning styles.
New Hire Mentoring
Course Development and Implementation
Window and Macintosh platforms: Internet research, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), SAP, CRP, COSMOS, IBM, Lotus Notes, Order and Inventory Management
· Highly organized and efficient team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Design training and resource materials and deliver in one-on-one and group settings.
· Build and foster good student interaction and motivate individuals to excel in the learning process, ensuring team members remain well-qualified to provide highest level of quality and service.
· Provide computer training in numerous Microsoft Windows and Office programs, as well as retail and inventory management applications.
· Assess individual learning styles and identify student needs.
1999 – present
Inventory/Customer Service Analyst / Senior Account Coordinator, Order Management
· Serve as key consultant and educational resource to new hire and course manager, and mentor to personnel concerning issues with SAP, CRP, and COSMOS.
· Directed team members in development and delivery of 2 award-winning presentations.
· Utilize advanced technology skills to create and publish training and development materials for individual and classroom distribution.
Computer Instructor, Leaning Centers, Inc.
1998 – 2002
· Manage and deliver classroom training in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ClarisWorks, Quicken, WordPerfect, ACT!, and Internet research applications, as well Microsoft Windows operating systems.
· Develop and deliver coursework and training materials designed for effective education of intended audience.
Cashwrap Supervisor, National Bookseller
1994 – 2002
· Provide supervision and training for new hires, mentor and coach team members, and identify and resolve customer service issues.
Teacher, Grades K-5
1993 - 1998
Master of Science in Elementary Education
University of Bridgeport – 1992
Bachelor of Arts in English
Dickinson College – 1991
Numerous computer courses
Lea J. Clark - firstname.lastname@example.org - http://www.gacareercenter.biz