604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
~ Specializing in Public Relations and Medicine ~
Highly motivated and respected professional with strengths in writing, presenting within a cross-functional context. Passionate interest in medicine, health care and personal wellness. Valued for consistently exhibiting a calm and positive demeanor, regardless of the situation. Clear, refined and diplomatic communicator, both oral and written. Interact favourably with others from all levels, cultures and backgrounds. Sincere and honest with a high level of personal and professional integrity. Balance demands from multiple stakeholders. Core competencies include:
• Community Relations • International & Cultural Experience
• Public & Media Relations • Presentations, Training & Speeches
• Research & Reporting • Writing & Editing
• Stress Management • Workload Prioritization
• Confidentiality Assurance • Board Relations
EDUCATION & SPECIALIZED TRAINING
University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
M.A., History of Medicine and Health Care
• History of the Profession • Canadian Health Care • Canadian Medicine
• Canadian Psychiatry • Canadian Social History • Material Culture
Thesis: The History of Psychiatry in Toronto
Oxford School of Drama, Oxford England
PROFESSIONAL DRAMA STUDIES
Second City Corporate Training Division, Toronto, Ontario
THE SECOND CITY CONSERVATORY PROGRAM (2 year program)
York University, North York, Ontario
BACHELOR OF FINE ARTS (Specialized Honours)
• Soulpepper's Shakespeare Intensive • Vocal Training
• Voiceover Technique • Comedy Writing
• Advanced Improvisation • On Camera Scene Study
• Casting Seminar • Improvised Singing
ST Coffee Company, Toronto locations and Head Office
1997 - Present
CORE TRAINING FACILITATOR & SUPERVISOR
Skill-set relied upon to serve dual roles with this busy specialty coffee chain. Proficient in the "hands on" role of Barista, training corporate executives, managing staff performance, customer relations, and all administrative functions.
• One of 20 Core Training Facilitators within the country. Train professionals from all levels within the Eastern Canada Region. Ensure all Starbucks employees have the fundamentals of product preparation in conjunction with customer service.
• Trusted with store keys, alarm codes, and handling cash deposits of $10 000.
• Create in-store message boards. Present new promotions, products and corporate objectives for teams of 12.
Greater Toronto Area and London England
1996 - 2002
STAND UP COMEDIAN
Retained to provide entertainment for multiple comedy clubs and cabarets. Scouted for television shows and festivals (including Just For Laughs), commercials and live theatre. Perform these activities in addition to daytime responsibilities. Distribute press kit including news releases, biography, photos and performance history.
• Receive special recognition for Best New Female Comic at Yuk Yuk's talent search.
• Opened for Adam Sandler at the Laugh Resort. Worked with Canadian talent like Mike Bullard, Ron James and Colin Mocherie.
Second City Training Centre, Toronto, Ontario
THE SECOND CITY EDUCATION PROGRAM INSTRUCTOR
Conducted workshops for both elementary and secondary school students. Required to prepare and implement programming adhering to Ontario Curriculum guidelines. This was not a comedy class, rather, a structured program addressing the following concepts:
• Team Building • Listening & Comprehension
• Communication & Presentation • Risk Taking
• Group & Interpersonal Relationships • Leadership Divergent Thinking
• Focus & Concentration • Improvisation
Graphic Assistants, Toronto, Ontario
1996 - 1997
Selected to administer office managerial functions for this recruiting agency for registered graphic designers. Sourced leads and addressed phone enquiries. Generated accounts payable.
• Revamped supply and inventory methods increasing operational efficiency.
• Mentor for Simon Fraser University's 2003 on-line program for 10 History high school students.
• Special Olympics 1997 volunteer for athlete hospitality and food services.
• Elected as one of five Directors for Gloucester Gate Co-ownership.
"Elise has a wonderful ability to deal with people, to radiate kindliness and friendliness and good humor in an entirely unaffected and uncalculated way. It is what one calls a "thousand-watt personality". She would be well suited for any position involving dealing with the public or where positive, upbeat relations with co-workers are at a premium."
Mark Taller PhD. FRSC
Faculty of Medicine
University of Toronto