Sales Marketing Tourism Professional
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
SALES / MARKETING / TOURISM PROFESSIONAL
Interpersonal and Networking Expertise
Highly motivated and well-respected individual offering solid sales, marketing and public relations expertise within the tourism industry. Demonstrate the innate ability to immediately establish a positive rapport with others from all levels and backgrounds. Possess astute networking capabilities. Polished and professional demeanour is complemented by a dynamic personality with a good sense of humour. Expert knowledge of regional tourist attractions, businesses, special events. Characterized by integrity, reliability and resourcefulness. Core competencies:
• Sales & Marketing • Advertising & Promotions • Community Involvement
• Public & Media Relations • Fundraising • Sponsor & Celebrity Sourcing
• Event Co-ordination • Project Management
Southern Bluewood Region, Ontario
PATCHELL & ASSOCIATES MARKETING AND PROMOTION
Utilize extensive insight of local features in conjunction with key contacts (corporate, municipal, tourism, business and high profile individuals) to capture sales, marketing and event planning contracts. Implement promotions for businesses, direct sales and marketing for multiple well-known enterprises like Bluewood Life and Pictorial, and Non-Fiction International Denim. Currently selling ads part time for Georgian Triangle's annual See & Do 84 page guide.
• Secured a business consultant role to institute client development programs for a travel agency. Successfully organized events like wine and cheese receptions with convincing presentations to boost sales. Cited for exhibiting, "a unique combination of excellent work ethics, superb inter-personal skills and very high levels of honesty and integrity."
• Trusted by Ron Star's Red Nine Enterprises to execute important events for fundraising, property enhancements, and special events. Recognized for possessing, "an abundance of energy along with a good sense of humour that make her a very good people person."
• Co-ordinated national Jujitsu Championship with 400 participants. Tenacious nature ensured complete funding by generating commitments from more than 40 sponsors, just after 9-11. Entire costs covered by cash donations and services. Prepared high impact radio and newspaper campaigns to entice attendees. Resulted in successful tournament.
• Recent special event management included the large-scale wedding for the Smith family, from Smith-Jones Inc. for 160 guests. Oversaw the facilitation of all details ranging from tenting and musicians, to table settings and flowers. Interfaced with Exceptional Homes magazine staff for pictorial features in the upcoming September issue for upscale country wedding examples. Arranged a special celebration for 100 guests the next day.
Neo-Vitality of Canada, Bluewood
1984 - 1987
Owner and distributor of health products and water purification units. Started this venture from the ground-up, securing 72 sponsored sales representatives.
• Earned dual achievements of Canada's Number One National Recruiter and First Place Cash Award Winner status.
• Strategically sourced medical contacts and conducted large and small group seminars.
Georgian Triangle Tourist Association and Convention Bureau, Bluewood, Ontario
1980 - 1984
Selected exclusively to spearhead all public relations campaigns and to market area promotions for this busy four seasons region.
• Still called upon to provide sales services as mentioned on first page, in addition to being granted control for office décor and colours for new building.
Alpine Estates, Hillbury, Ontario
1979 - 1981
Retained to provide promotional expertise and conduct all public relations functions for this extended stay, seasonal 50+ adult only RV park with first class amenities, including a private beach, and 10 000 sq ft recreation centre featuring an indoor pool, sauna, fitness area and banquet hall.
• Scope of responsibilities was comprehensive including designing and distribution of all promotional materials. Trained all personnel to deliver exceptional customer service.
• Canadian Cancer Society Canvasser
• Elementary School volunteer in numerous capacities. Elected as 2003 Parent Council Chair.
Providing over 10 years of service for important functions as the Bluewood Public Library. Key player for orchestrating the annual events including, but not limited to:
• Golf Challenges • Condominium Raffles
• Provincial / National Library Conferences • Art Exhibition Openings
• Computer Purchase Campaigns • Multiple Fundraising Events
Twickenham College of Technology
GRAPHIC DESIGN (2 year program)
Multiple In-house Sales and Professional Selling courses and seminars.
"... her attitude and her work habits were exemplary. She is very conscientious, energetic and extremely hard working. Her personal communication skills are excellent and she's known for her ability to focus and work hard to ensure a successful project."