President Energy Industry
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Sales and marketing executive with 19 years experience creating and building highly profitable business entities. Proven record of success obtaining and maintaining revenue streams in a volatile industry, while utilizing marketing abilities and creativity to secure new business. Background includes a combination of selling and purchasing high dollar packages of commodities and services, managing marketing and sales teams, networking industries, and developing long-term business relationships. Interact daily with major decision makers from oil and gas companies.
• Identify and evaluate potential revenue opportunities.
• Develop and execute sales and marketing strategies to exploit competitors' weaknesses.
• Tailor pricing to maximize profits based upon market conditions.
• Expand existing accounts while securing new business.
• Arbitrate customer problems.
• Measure and track results.
• Maximize potential of marketing and sales personnel.
Zane Company, Houston, TX
1993 - Present
Manage all sales, purchasing, and operational activities of an $8 million oilfield tubular goods company. Negotiate buying and selling packages ranging from $5,000 to $1.5 million. Interact with material control managers, purchasing managers, engineers, and senior executives with major oil and gas companies, as well as owners, company presidents, and management-level personnel with the major supply companies.
• Founded and managed this company from ground zero.
• Attained 200% of sales plan within 3 years.
• Grew the business from 0 to 40 accounts, with the largest account generating $1.5 million.
Jaybird Corporation, Houston, TX
1989 - 1993
Vice President of Sales
Managed up to $30 million in inside and outside sales activities, purchased and monitored between $12 million and $15 million in inventory, and supervised yard operations. Directed a staff of 10 sales representatives and 35 yard and office employees.
• Selected to spearhead the Houston office and improve operations.
• Reduced yard overhead by 30%, while improving productivity and increasing sales.
• Decreased labor costs by 50%, reduced sales staff to 5 representatives and yard and office staff to 20, and maintained revenues and production.
Helix International, Lafayette, LA
1986 - 1989
Vice President of Sales and Operations
Built sales, reviewed and approved quotes, and located pipe for specific projects. Developed new accounts for both the pipe sales and service departments. Learned all aspects of the business, including threading, inspecting, hydrostatic testing, and distribution.
• Expanded services in the Houston market and increased sales.
• Attained profitability the first time in company's history.
• Took over as operations manager with responsibility for inspections, threading, hydrostatic testing, and storage, while managing 3 sales representatives, 5 office staff, and 18 yard employees.
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
Bachelor of Arts
Kappa Alpha Fraternity