Early Childhood Educator
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR
~ With Interpersonal & Motivational Expertise ~
Resourceful and reliable professional offering successes by working with children and youth from all backgrounds, cultures, abilities and ages. Regarded for staying calm in times of crisis. Strong follow-through, administrative and time management capabilities. Highly articulate demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills across all levels including students, colleagues, administrators, and parents. Flexible in assuming a leadership or support role. Compassionate and caring with well grounded decision making capability. Eager to apply skills, education and ambition in an educational setting. Strengths:
· Conflict Resolution
· Musical Ability (Piano)
· Confidentiality Assurance
· Behavior Modification
· Workload Prioritization
· Lesson Design & Development
· Multi-cultural Awareness
· Remediation & Modification
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT & VEHICLE QUALITY
1996 - 2001
Honda of Canada Manufacturing, Alliston, Ontario
Selected after intensive screening to provide assembly and installation services for this quality and safety oriented corporation. Teamed with 12 individuals to contribute to the production of 400 vehicles per shift. Adhered to personal protective equipment (PPE) policy.
· Eagerness to learn new skills recognized by being authorized to work multiple jobs within many zones. Asked by both Team Leader and Coordinator to be the Zone Trainer. Tasked to train new hires and permanent workers how to operate equipment and do the job safely while meeting exacting standards.
· Accepted for the very demanding, short term Vehicle Quality posting. Used sophisticated technical and computerized equipment for final vehicle inspection before leaving plant. Strong detail orientation served to monitor any deviation from quality standards that could impact customer satisfaction.
1980 - 1995
Ontario, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia Locations
Retained by hair styling establishments and independent clients to provide cutting, treatment and styling services.
· Met customer expectations by strong listening skills and following through with the expected results.
PUBLIC RELATIONS PROFESSIONAL
1980 - 1981
Ontario Plowman’s Association, Toronto
Represented this organization province wide, for a one-year term. Seamlessly interfaced with individuals from all backgrounds, sharing agricultural knowledge. Addressed small and large groups.
· Maintained a positive, friendly and personable demeanor, regardless of the often demanding and hectic schedule.
EDUCATION & SPECIALIZED TRAINING
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION PROGRAM
2002 - 2003
Georgian College, Orillia, Ontario
Studies include, but are not limited to:
· Curriculum Planning
· Childhood Development
· Nutrition, Health & Safety
· Early Intervention
· Teaching Strategies
· Music & Movement for Children
· Designing Childhood Environments
· Supportive Counseling
Participated in co-op placements within private Daycares and JK/SK classes. Gained insight into children with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, Autism and Down Syndrome. Assignments provided comprehensive experience with complete accountability for program development and implementation. Generated dynamic learning centers, altering and updating as necessary.
Academy of Learning, Ontario
Georgian College, Collingwood, Ontario
Georgian College, Base Borden, Ontario
1997 - 1980
Bruno’s School of Hair Design, Toronto, Ontario
SECONDARY SCHOOL GRADUATION DIPLOMA
Banting Memorial High School, Alliston, Ontario
Specialized 4 – H Projects consisting of 18 Homemaking and 12 Agriculture courses.
TECHNOLOGY: Word, PowerPoint, Email, Internet Navigation and educational software.
School’s Cool Program: Authorized to volunteer for this 6 week, Ministry of Children’s Services’ program supporting children suspected to have special needs. Participants, ranging from ages 5-7, were assessed for best support measures and early intervention services. Teamed with 3 professionals to tend to 28 high needs, Simcoe County youngsters.
Dialysis Unit Support: Assisted dialysis technician at the Barrie Dialysis Unit in summer 2003.
Peer Tutor: Assisted Georgian College adult student with tests and exams preparation.
Coach and Coordinator: Cookstown Junior Curling Association.
Coordinator: Barrie Fair Queen Competition.
Ontario Youth Award
Received this medal for leadership in the areas of academics achievement and excellence in the arts, business, science, labor, agriculture and sports. Cited by Ontario’s Premier for “countless hours spent in selfless work which enriches the lives of others”.
Kiwanis Music Festival Awards
County and Provincial 4 – H Achievement Awards