604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Award-winning marketing and sales professional with 7 years' experience. Dynamic, focused and results-oriented. Exceptional creativity and out-of-the box thinking. Excellent written and oral communications with ability to build rapport, identify client needs, and close the sale.
George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
Bachelor of Arts, Communication
2000 - 2001
• Successfully researched, prospected, qualified and sold television content from nationally syndicated show.
• Collaborated with outside sales teams and cold called CEOs to effectively expedite interviews.
• Coordinated CEO Forum Conference.
Local Temp Agencies
1997 - 1998
Executive Assistant and Desktop Publishing
• Created successful recruitment campaign theme.
• Conducted Internet research, created presentations, produced proposals, databases and reports.
• Clients included America Online, Newbridge Networks, PRC, TRW, Booz, Allen Hamilton, Freddie Mac, OneMain.com and CareerBuilder.
1998 - 2000
Marketing Assistant & Coordinator
• Received Outstanding Service Award.
• Supervised part-time employees, ensuring prompt delivery of marketing materials.
• Collaborated with Direct Mail Specialist and Public Relations Director to implement marketing plans.
• Created presentations, proposals, spreadsheets and databases.
• Managed promotional giveaways and photography.
• Proofread and updated marketing materials.
• Managed and expedited purchase and printing of collateral.
The Daystar Newspapers
1993 - 1996
Advertising Account Executive
• Promoted to outside sales within 6 months.
• Effectively used cold calls to generate new business.
• Designed layouts and edited copy of display advertising.
• Successfully sold booth space and participated in trade shows.
1992 - 1993
Customer Service Representative
• Increased service agreement revenues by $4,000, earning top award.
• Exceeded inbound call goals by 40%.
• Expedited service requests, surpassing customer expectations.
1991 - 1992
• Generated highest number of new customers during promotional, winning 1st place.
• Implemented new marketing techniques that successfully increased revenues.
1989 - 1991
• Cooperative education program
• Reduced production cycle times by 50% and decreased cost of recognition programs by $2,000 annually, earning Cost Effectiveness Award.
• Interviewed employees and wrote feature articles for internal publications.
• Scheduled and directed photo shoots.
• Coordinated publicity campaigns, generating local press coverage and improving community relations.
• MS Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Access and Excel, PageMaker, Quark
• Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML, Goldmine
Toastmasters International, Member
PRWRA Cory Edwards - Partnering For Success, LLC - Sterling, Virginia 20165 - Resumes4results.com - Resumewriter@aol.com - 703-444-7835 - 703-444-2005 fax