604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
COLLEGE-LEVEL INSTRUCTOR • ELEMENTARY EDUCATOR
Education and Curriculum
· Dedicated to the principles of academic integrity and intellectual honesty. Self-motivated to pursue and disseminate knowledge. Demonstrate initiative and creativity. Concerned about quality work.
· Adapt presentation of coursework to ensure comprehension by students. Communicate clearly and logically, both orally and in writing. Readily establish rapport with wide range of students of various ages and cultures.
· Develop instructional and behavioral modification strategies to boost students’ mastery of coursework. Create stimulating learning environment; emphasize mutual respect and cooperation. Promote students’ critical thinking skills. Use data and facts to support decisions. Encourage lifelong learning.
· Self-motivated to work independently and unsupervised; equally effective as a team member. Exceptional leadership, organizational and planning abilities. Identify and solve problems using available resources; flexible to changing priorities. Critical and systematic thinker.
· Software proficiency includes Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access; Webpage Design; Internet research and communication.
Farrell Area School District – Farrell, Pennsylvania
· Hired as an aide following demonstrated competency when called to substitute teach in various grade levels. Foster conducive atmosphere for learning. Recognize students with varied learning modalities; collaborate with classroom teacher.
· Taught Title One Reading Program in summer program.
2000 – 2003
Pennsylvania School Districts: Sharpsville, Reynolds and Farrell
· Implemented lesson plans of teachers to effectively teach elementary students in a variety of subjects. Applied classroom management skills and curriculum knowledge.
· Assisted in development of new social studies curriculum for grade 2.
1993 – 1995
Wallis Chevrolet – Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
· Designed newspaper and magazine ads; wrote radio commercials; designed TV commercials. Advertisement placed in magazine won best ad of the year.
Performed private tutoring • Administered DRA testing • Scored and evaluate Terra Nova and ERDA testing
Taught private art classes at the Art Guild • Judged two art shows
M.Ed., May 2004, Education and Curriculum, Dean’s List
Penn State University – Sharon, Pennsylvania
Classroom Assessment ~ School Law ~ Inclusion ~ Educational Research ~ Curriculum Design ~ Curriculum Mapping ~ Educational Testing and Measurement ~ Integrated Curriculum ~ INSYS ~ Teaching Theories ~ Current Topics in Education ~ Curriculum 506 ~ Reading in the Content Area
B.A., 2000, Elementary Education, Dean’s List • B.A., 1990, Art, Dean’s List
Thiel College – Greenville, Pennsylvania
Foundations of Education ~ Educational Psychology ~ Teaching Reading ~ Elementary Science Methods ~ Instructional Media ~ Special Education ~ Educational Issues ~ Teaching Social Studies ~ Language Arts ~ Children’s Literature ~ Drawing ~ Painting ~ Sculpture ~ Etching ~ Advertising Art ~ Art History
Jane Roqueplot - email@example.com - http://www.janecos.com