Programmer Emergency Information System
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER • PROGRAMMER
Analytical and innovative software developer with high level of education and more than 12 years of combined experience. Broad knowledge base includes design and implementation of object-oriented programming, systems development, and network security administration in global environments. Possess exceptional communication, teaching, and training development skills. Author, edit, and publish highly complex documentation. Effective manager with ability to build and foster extremely successful, efficient, and productive teams. Utilize exceptional communication skills to interact with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
Eligible for Reactivation of Top Secret Security Clearance
Microsoft Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP; UNIX, Linux; Solaris; FreeBSD; OpenBSD
Apache, Jakarta-Tomcat, Gnome, KDE, CVS, VMware, VNC, ipchains, iptables, Firewalls, tcpdump, Leibniz Logic Programming System, Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems, MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, Paintshop Pro, Poser
TCP/IP, ICMP, SMTP, POP, PPP, DHCP, Ethernet, LAN, ATM, RIP, OSPF, VPN
Oracle, MS SQL, MS Visual C++, GTK+, NetBeans
· Emergency Management Information System (EMIS) Module Development and Implementation:
Designed and authored key system modules and large portion of infrastructure for Emergency Management software used by the U.S. Army, state, and county governments for communication and display of current and critical information during emergencies to service the Alabama communities who live near a chemical weapons burning facility. As part of a $6 million development contract, delivered crucial networking and graphical user interface functionality, consistently achieving milestones and maintaining compliance with time, scope, and cost specifications of project.
· Emergency Management Information System (EMIS) Module Maintenance and Troubleshooting:
Key member of U.S. Army CSEPP LAN and EMIS software implementation, management, and troubleshooting team. Actively participated in deployment of Emergency Management Information System software by U.S. Army on VPN to service the Chemical Stockpile Emergency Preparedness Program. Addressed networking issues, built service packs for software updates, and performed extensive testing and bug fixing for the EMIS software.
Programmer, COMPUTERS, INC.
2002 – present
· Design, author, and test highly complex software for Emergency Preparedness Program.
· Successfully manage sensitive project data relied on to ensure safety, security, and transfer of current, accurate information where human lives are at stake.
· Ensure readability, presentation, and reusability of code with clear, concise comments.
Associate Faculty, COMMUNITY COLLEGE
2000 – 2002
· Taught English as a Second Language to non-native English-speaking students, including grammar, writing, and conversational usage.
· Designed curriculum, developed lesson plans, prepared assignments, reviewed work, and counseled and mentored students.
Freelance Writer/Editor, GAMES, INC
1997 – 2001
· Authored, edited, and published creative and instructional materials for 1 of Top 5 Adventure Gaming development and distribution organizations.
· Wrote adventure game books and ran play tests.
· Coordinated with team members and managing editor to ensure projects were delivered on time and within all assigned project specifications, consistently meeting milestones.
· Provided leadership and training for up to 6 other writers.
· Sole author of best selling core rulebooks for In Nomine product line.
English Teacher, INSTITUTE OF ADDISON
1999 – 2000
· Privately tutored ESL students in writing and editing of essays.
Visiting Assistant Professor, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY
1998 – 1999
· Instructed Korean college students in conversational English for Korean educational institution.
· Coordinated university’s sophomore English program with oversight for 12 teachers.
· Conducted continuing education courses for local community members.
· Interfaced with staff members to design teacher-training programs for Korean middle/elementary schoolteachers.
ESOL Teacher, HIGH SCHOOL
1995 – 1997
· Led classroom activities for ESOL students, including conversational, grammatical, and written English and taught math and science to these students.
· Developed curriculum for new classes.
· Coordinated special projects, such as the ESOL Yearbook, New Student’s Guide, and College Application Guide.
Linguist, UNITED STATES ARMY, Fort Meade, MD
1991 – 1995
· Maintained Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance.
· As Non-Commissioned Officer working in military intelligence performed classified translation and linguistic services for the National Security Agency (NSA).
· Intercepted and translated voice and electronic communications
· Directed activities of 12 civilian and military staff with responsibility for 8 soldiers.
Master of Science in Computer Science
University of Texas at Dallas GPA 3.7
Master of Arts in Instructional Systems Development, TESOL Concentration
University of Maryland Baltimore 4.0
K-12 ESOL Certification
Maryland State Department of Education
Bachelor of Arts in Linguistics
University of California at Berkeley