Project Manager Environmental
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Offering strong leadership experience as both a project manager and industrial / commercial construction superintendent. Experience includes safety; quality control; supervising team members and subcontractors; writing project plans, reports, and documentation; scheduling; reviewing bid proposals and awarding contracts; preparing budgets; and controlling expenses. Proven record of success completing projects on time and under budget. Expertise includes bioremediation, petrochemical turnaround and shut down, and industrial and commercial construction. Utilized Spanish language skills to communicate with project team members in Mexico.
Dunham Environmental International Co
1999 - Present
Project Manager / Superintendent
Coordinated three technologies (bioremediation, thermal desorption, and incineration), and managed teams of up to 70 laborers, managers, engineers, superintendents, and subcontractors for environmental projects in Mexico. Interacted with plant managers, quality assurance regulators, and government officials as far up as the Governor and Secretary of SEMARNAP. Worked with the company's president to review bid proposals and award contracts. Reported to the president of Dunham Environmental -- Mexico.
• Managed a $17.5 million project covering over 26 acres of this pesticide/herbicide plant, the largest single private environmental remediation project of its time in Mexico's history.
• Completed $2 million under budget, since bio-restoration was so successful.
• Recognized as a 'glowing environmental success' and plant was awarded a 'Clean Certificate' by the government of Mexico.
• Involved transportation of toxic waste, heavy equipment, vacuum trucks, electrical and mechanical components, maintenance, cleaning services, environmental drilling, and water sampling.
• Instituted an onsite safety program, working with safety engineers and following U.S. EPA standards for supplying breathing air during excavation (achieved a 100% safety record with no accidents).
• Coordinated and directed a two-part project in Hildago, Mexico, working as a field superintendent and supervising up to 35 electricians, metal erectors, form carpenters, concrete laborers, dirt contractors, painters, and welders. Erected and constructed a $150,000 metal and concrete warehouse and expanded an existing incinerator with a $300,000 budget.
• Originally hired as an assistant project manager; promoted to project manager within three months.
Austin Industrial / HB Zachry / Brown & Root / JE Merit
1991 - 1999
Gained extensive turnaround and shut down experience in the petrochemical industry.
Nationwide Steel Co
1990 - 1991
Managed all plant operations, processing between 300 and 400 tons of steel per month. Reported to the company's owner and supervised truck drivers, metal workers, laborers, crane operators, shift foremen, quality control managers, safety managers, and engineers.
• Instituted and implemented a facility cleanup and safety program that achieved a totally clean record at 100% safety with no accidents, a 75% improvement level.
• Increased production by 40% to 45% within the first four months by hiring more qualified employees, instituting higher training standards, and coordinating production more efficiently.
Dixie Chemical Plant
1987 - 1990
Coordinated industrial construction operations for this petrochemical plant. Supervised 7 foreman responsible for up to 60 carpenters, ironworkers, pipefitters, boilermakers, and welders. Originally hired as a crane operator; promoted to foreman and supervised 25 crew members at the Houdialle pre-stress concrete plant.
1985 - 1987
Foreman / Superintendent
John Brown Constructors / S&B Constructors
1979 - 1985
TRAINING / EDUCATION / AFFILIATIONS
Excavation Safety -- Texas A&M University; HAZMAT; General Coursework -- Alvin Community College
Volunteer -- The Orange Show -- Art Car Parade
Member -- United States Golf Association (USGA)