604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Licensed physician's assistant with 15 years experience, including 10 years within one practice. Specialize in internal medicine, family practice, and endocrinology. Extensive knowledge of medical treatment within a managed care organization, including workmen's compensation cases. Excellent clinician with strong people skills and bedside manner. Certified and licensed in the State of Texas as a physician's assistant. Earned additional degree in general studies.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
· Diagnosed and treated medical illness and injuries.
· Elicited detailed patient histories.
· Examined patients for symptoms of organic or congenital disorders.
· Determined the nature and extent of injury or disorder, during both routine and problem-directed physical examinations.
· Utilized appropriate diagnostic aids and ordered laboratory tests.
· Performed therapeutic procedures.
· Counseled patients and family members on health and the disease process.
SFB Staff, Houston, Texas
Physician's Assistant, 1999 - Present
Provide patient care as a physician's assistant on temporary assignments.
· Diagnosed and treated patients of a family practice while physician was out of the office.
· XYZ Family Center - worked with physicians and residents to treat outpatient adult internal medicine patients.
Geo Medical Association, Houston, Texas
Physician's Assistant, 1987 - 1999
Provided patient care under the direct responsibility and supervision of a physician, while participating on the interdisciplinary team (eight physicians and three physician assistants) for this HMO clinic.
· Practiced internal medicine, family practice, and endocrinology.
· Served as the diabetic educator.
- Assisted in creating and implementing the first educational class on diabetes.
- Maintained sole responsibility for organizing and orchestrating weekly programs with up to 25 participants
- Provided education on the disease process, complications, and treatment.
- Facilitated information and recommended dietary and activity programs to better manage diabetes.
· American Association of Physician's Assistants
· Texas Association of Physician's Assistants
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
Bachelor of Science, 1987
University of Houston, Houston, Texas
Bachelor of Science, General Studies, 1983
· Licensed by the State of Texas and Certified by the NCCPA as a Physician's Assistant