Retail Operations Manager
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
MARKETING ~ RETAIL OPERATIONS
Sales ~ Executive Administration ~ Customer Service ~ Office Management
· Exceptional organizational skills; customer- and results-oriented. Work effectively under pressure and stress to meet deadlines. Identify problems/needs and initiate effective solutions. See the “big picture” while attending to the details to complete projects.
· Promote working environment/procedures conducive to improving productivity, increasing efficiency, enhancing quality and strengthening financial results.
· Motivated to work efficiently without direct supervision in busy environment, handling many tasks simultaneously; able to prioritize workload and multi-task. Persuasive, creative and flexible to changing priorities.
· Dynamic communication/interpersonal skills and a team player; interact positively with a wide range of people. Negotiate conflicts; motivate others to achieve goals.
· Computer skills include Microsoft applications; proprietary software for customer sale transactions, history, etc.; UPS Worldwide; Internet research and communication.
· Thorough knowledge of:
· Retail Sales
· Team Leader
· Inventory Control
· Project Management
· Supervisory Oversight
· Strategic Analysis
· Personnel Administration
· Customer Service
· Inventory Planning
Waterford Wedgwood USA, Inc. – Grove City, Pennsylvania
1996 – Present
Support executive and operating teams in retail division for international company selling crystal stemware, giftware, china, linens, cookware, cutlery, hard goods and specialty products in all price ranges and over 10,000 SKUs to specialty stores, wholesale and retail consumers. Grew local store business to $1.126 million.
· Design P&L initiatives to increase sales and minimize expenses. Consistently came in at or below budget in all management roles. Initiated substantial cost-saving initiatives for All-Clad store in the areas of supplies, payroll, etc.
· Conduct market analysis to identify opportunities to expand predominant “baby boomer” customer base and to provide affordable and attractive merchandise to younger generation. Analyze sales data and inventories to plan promotions and make adjustments. Coordinate in-store promotional activities and off-site special events.
· Provide exceptional customer service; assist corporate clients as well as individual customers to choose appropriate gifts. Establish trust and promote repeat business.
· Conscientiously perform data collection/analysis to prepare numerous end-of-month reports (e.g., productivity updates, customer requests/orders, employment, etc.).
· Trace variety of data to forecast buying trends. Analyze competition, market positions, product lines and service levels. Forecast demand patterns and revisions where necessary to maintain inventory control.
· Spearheaded new business by marketing store for bridal and gift registries in conjunction with advertising campaign that includes local businesses.
· Boosted operating efficiency, productivity and performance:
· Created email customer lists to cost-effectively distribute product information and announce upcoming sales.
· Restructured inventory system (stock levels and displays) resulting in substantial reduction in annual fiscal inventory from retail division average ($680 out of $500K stock level). Slashed surplus and generated more accurate sales data.
· Initiated procedures in store security that reduced shrink (from 1.2% to .2%).
· Implemented new customer service—More Card program—introduced by Prime Outlets to offer extra savings to cardholders. Survey showed customers increased purchases to qualify for increased savings.
· Trained staff in new programs, policies, computer updates and product information. Recruited applicants for management positions. Assisted in several new store openings. Supervised staff of 12-15 associates providing inventory control, customer service, and shipping/receiving.
· Designed promotional materials for product lines, which resulted in free product promotion in local publications and shopping centers.
McKenzie Square – Niles, Ohio
1990 – 1996
American Marketing Association, Member
EDUCATION / CONTINUING EDUCATION
Numerous workshops/seminars include:
Managing for Success • How to Supervise People
B.A., Business Administration
Major: Business Management and Marketing
Kent State University – Kent, Ohio