College Level Educator
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
College-Level Educator • Trainer
· Self-motivated to pursue and disseminate knowledge. Incorporate real-world experiences into coursework. Promote lifelong learning. Dedicated to the principles of academic integrity and intellectual honesty. Skilled at capturing students’ attention and motivating them to learn.
· Communicate clearly and logically, both orally and in writing. Able to establish rapport with wide range of people of various ages. Adapt presentation of coursework/training material to ensure complete comprehension by students/staff. Creative, resourceful, flexible.
· Participated in introducing new technology into the classroom, i.e, blackboard system, for the Pennsylvania System of Higher Education at Shippensburg University for the Masters Program.
· Notable communication and interpersonal aptitude. Skilled in staff training, development and performance management to meet/exceed operational and financial goals through performance/quality improvements with focus on customer satisfaction.
· Talented business development professional with general and P&L management, strategic planning, budgeting, financial reporting, training and leadership qualifications and team-focused, results-oriented management style. Effective in reorganizing, streamlining and strengthening existing operations as well as identifying and capitalizing new business opportunities.
· Provide strategic, tactical and operating leadership to meet challenging start-up, turnaround and high-growth ventures. Combine strong planning, organizational and communications skills with the ability to independently plan and direct high-level business affairs.
· Analytical and decisive; expert negotiator and “deal maker.” Readily visualize target and identify steps required to attain goal. Successfully negotiate new terms regarding contract procedures/service offerings to promote responsiveness, efficiency and profitability of business relationships. Build new revenue streams.
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS / ACTIVITIES
Guest Lecturer: Leadership Skills and Group Communication
Harrisburg Area Community College, 2002 – 2004
Diplomat Member, Susquehanna Alliance
Met with CEOs of south-central Pennsylvania companies to foster improved relationships
between their companies, the Alliance and the community.
Volunteer, Harrisburg Chamber of Commerce
Ranked 6th of 200+ volunteers for generating the most memberships during membership campaign drive.
Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America, Unit Commissioner, 1998
MBA, Management, 2004, Shippensburg University, John L. Grove College of Business
Graduate Thesis: Can the Theory of Constraints be applied to the service industry,
BS, Business Administration, 1997, Pennsylvania State University – University Park, Pennsylvania
Smeal College of Business Administration
Medford Leas – Medford, New Jersey
2004 – Present
· Selected to manage project to write comprehensive nursing manual in accordance with JCAHO standards. Realign policy and procedure manuals (PPMs), consolidating 15+ PPMs into 3 centralized PPMs for all departments.
· Deliver strategic planning and strategic action processes as well as communication tools.
· Dialog with Director of Human Resources, CFO and Director of Health Services to incorporate their expertise and ensure accuracy of documents.
Campus Marketing Services – Framingham, Massachusetts
2000 – 2004
NATIONAL TRAINER / FUNDRAISING MANAGER
· Delivered 500+ fundraising presentations to college/university student groups.
· Trained fundraising managers orchestrating programs at 1,000+ schools in 42 states. Improved employee performance, decreased attrition rate and increased production 10%.
· Developed balanced scorecard system as means to improve overall employee performance.
· Employed Theory of Constraints strategies that increased gross margin 37+% while decreasing operational expenses.
· Achieved recognition as #2 most profitable fundraising manager in past year and #1 overall in previous years.
Leader/Infinity, Inc. – Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
· Challenged to boost client accounts in Pennsylvania for non-standard auto insurance company. Introduced benefits in promotional marketing program, Providing Agents Service and Support (PASS), and recruited agents to program. Resulting activity increased number of accounts 25%. Decreased claims by 10%. Program subsequently implemented nationally.
· Selected to create business development strategies in other areas (e.g., Southern California and Ohio).
· Created broadband communications vehicle of regular contact to agencies with news and information, providing ongoing support to agents.
IBiDUSA.com – Tampa, Florida
DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
· Hired, trained and managed staff to accrue $1 million of products in three months. Achieved 200+% of goal for website development. Negotiated national business accounts (e.g., Avis) valued at $150+ thousand.
· Developed and implemented brand marketing programs that resulted in over 100,000 hits per month on website.
Maxim Healthcare Services – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Clearwater, Florida
1999 – 2000
RECRUITER / HEALTHCARE ACCOUNTS MANAGER
· Succeed in challenge to initiate and deliver project that coordinated 500 flu vaccine programs in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware; directed hiring process for 100+ nurses.
· Replaced non-productive employees with outgoing, self-confident, organized and resourceful individuals with great people skills. Turned around office losing $4K per week into $6K profit machine within 6 months. Increased gross margin by $1.3 million, achieving 142% of business plan.
· Evaluated divisions, services and related market opportunities to spearhead promotional activities.
Northwestern Mutual – Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
1997 – 1998
SPECIAL INSURANCE AGENT
· Constructed, organized, planned and implemented financial and retirement contribution programs for families, profit and non-profit organizations. One of fewer than 5% of first-year agents to receive Bronze Award.