604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Highly successful financial professional with expertise in standard costs, cost products, and inventory management.
• Designed and effected numerous live implementations completed on time and on budget.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, quickly assessing situations and providing solutions.
• Expertise in systems implementations, cost analysis and process improvements.
• Track record of progressive responsibilities and promotions.
Indiana Wesleyan University, Marion, IN
Masters, Business Administration
Hanover College, Hanover, IN
Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration, Minor: Computer Science, Economics
SWEETIN, INC., Indianapolis, IN
1998 - Present
• Conduct business process reviews, and recommend workplace and system improvements.
• Collaborate with clients to determine current and future needs.
• Manage implementation of various software modules, including JD Edwards (World and OneWorld) ERP software.
• Eliminate redundant systems/processes and streamline workflow and administrative operations.
• Provide effective training and change management options and alternatives.
• Advise and aid clients with cost accounting issues and systems.
BEST & WESTERN CORPORATION, Seymour, IN
1993 - 1998
Cost Accounting Manager
1995 - 1998
• Supervised Cost Accounting staff.
• Performed all cost accounting functions, including profit & loss, standard cost development for profit plan, perpetual inventory, and general ledger account.
• Collaborated on JD Edwards' implementation project team.
• Analyzed reserve accounts for inventory.
• Contributed to success of new product development team.
• Provided training on JD Edwards' World Writer for report writing.
• Oversaw and reviewed all proposed new products and engineering system changes.
Cost Analyst/Sales Forecaster
1994 - 1995
• Effectively managed daily activities of Cost Accountants.
• Formulated accurate sales projections for 3- and 6-month periods.
• Interpreted sales projection data for manufacturing and material planning purposes.
• Implemented Inventory Management System, providing training for all users.
• Created product standards for newly acquired company.
1993 - 1994
• Effectively priced all products; entered into Standard Cost System.
• Evaluated and analyzed labor and material variances.
• Audited physical inventory and provided cost analysis of engineering changes and updates.
• Monitored inventories of finished goods and raw materials, correcting discrepancies and changes.
SIMON & SCHUSTER, Indianapolis, IN
1992 - 1993
Assistant Business Manager
• Oversaw and evaluated operations, purchasing, and inventory movements of 5 facilities.
• Drafted and evaluated all proposed capital projects.
• Produced quarterly and yearly budget proposals.
XYZ PRODUCTS CORPORATION, Seymour, IN
1983 - 1992
Senior Cost Accountant/ Accounts Payable Supervisor
1990 - 1992
• Managed the daily activities of AP group.
• Created accurate standard direct costs for finished goods and raw materials.
• Directed and approved monthly closeout for direct costs.
• Drafted and prepared annual budget, including detailed standard costs.
1987 - 1990
• Documented and analyzed all tooling costs from manufacturing plant.
• Oversaw and updated Employee Accounts Receivable.
• Performed monthly closeout for inter-plant and Purchase for Resale accounts.
• Developed annual budget and long-term projections for capital and depreciation.
• Ensured proper backup of all accounts payable and payroll systems.
1983 - 1987
• Collaborated to establish and set up 2 new warehouses.
• Updated and maintained computerized inventory records.
• Oversaw and expedited order processing.
• Ensured shipping requirements and proper administrative processes were completed.
• Accurately prepared bills of ladings and export paperwork.
• Teamed with programmers to expand inventory system, testing new implementation for accuracy and efficiency.
Inventory Management - JD Edwards
World Writer - JD Edwards
Repetitive Manufacturing - JD Edwards
JD Edwards Professional Certification
Product Cost and Manufacturing Accounting
Proficient in MS Office with Visio, Quicken, QuickBooks
Cost product, standard cost, inventory management, shop floor, Cost Accounting Manager, Assistant Controller
PRWRA Cory Edwards - Partnering For Success, LLC - Sterling, Virginia 20165 - Resumes4results.com - Resumewriter@aol.com - 703-444-7835 - 703-444-2005 fax