604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Award-winning Biochemical Scientist with postdoc experience in synthesizing and evaluating novel nicotinic receptors with PET/SPECT studies, and industrial postdoc experience in synthesizing brominated furanones. Developed novel synthetic approaches to phosphonopeptide analogs, and optimized and produced Cholesterol Enzyme Kits in a pilot plant. Lead technical teams in complex biochemical organic and medicinal experiments.
SELECTED KEY SCIENTIFIC SKILLS
• Organic Synthesis • Solid Support Synthesis • Inorganic Chemistry
• Radiochemistry • Column Chromatograph • Dialysis Technique
• Molecular Modeling • Enzyme Assay • Cold Chemistry
• NMR • PET/SPET • HPLC
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
2000 - Present
Perform nicotinic radioligands synthesis studies based on the 3-pyridyl ether series and epibatidine-based derivatives.
• Label new compounds in developed with C-11, H-3, F-18, and I-125/I-123 in "hot" radiochemistry studies.
• Evaluate nicotinic radioligands with mouse brain biodistribution and PET/SPET imagines studies of baboons and human subjects.
University, Baton Rouge, LA
1993 - 2000
Graduate Research Assistant and Graduate Teaching Assistant
Performed fimbrolides synthesis studies and their analogs that can be tested for efficacy at biofilm removal and economically synthesized for cost-effective use.
• Determined compounds demonstrate activity at relatively low concentrations at detaching biofilm from surfaces.
Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
1990 - 1993
Studied solution phase and solid phase synthesis of phosphonopeptides as inhibitors of proteases and reaction mechanisms of phosphorus chemistry. Supervised one undergraduate researcher.
• Synthesized non-natural amino acids.
• Taught graduate/undergraduate organic laboratory classes for eight semesters to average 14-student classes and one semester of 18 students.
· Outstanding Graduate Student Travel Grant Award, 16th American Peptide Symposium
· Vice President's Chinese Students and Scholars Award, Louisiana State University
· Outstanding Young Scientist Award, Chinese Academy of Sciences Institute of Microbiology
· Outstanding Student Awards, Beijing Institute of Chemical Technology
American Chemical Society and American Peptide Society
Louisiana State University
Ph.D, Organic Chemistry
Synthesis of Phosphonate and Thio-phosphonate Peptide Analogs as Inhibitors of Carboxypeptidase
Beijing Institute of Chemical Technology
B.S., Biochemical Engineering
PRWRA Nick Marino - Outcome Resumes and Career Service - firstname.lastname@example.org - Bishop, TX 78343