Financial Planner Personal Lender
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
MULTI - CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PROFESSIONAL
Motivated individual with demonstrated proficiency in listening to clients needs, and formulating the tactical action plan to achieve results. Constantly explores opportunities to further elevate customer loyalty and boost revenues. Known for honesty, integrity and a genuine passion for achieving goals for self and others. Superior interpersonal dynamics interface seamlessly with others from all levels, backgrounds and cultures. Respected for maintaining a professional and positive demeanor, regardless of the situation. Core competencies include:
· Financial Management Advisor (FMA)
· Professional Financial Planner (PFP)
· Networking & Prospecting
· Sales/Account Development
· Goal Setting & Attainment
· Budgeting & Forecasting
· Sales Presentations
· Negotiation & Communication
· Relationship Building
· Community Relations
EDUCATION & SPECIALIZED TRAINING
BACHELOR OF PHILOSOPHY – HONORS DEGREE
University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario
Elected by peers for Fraternity President in 1992. Oversaw all operational aspects including fund raising for charities, social events, membership drives, reunion events and graduation functions.
Awarded Financial Management Advisor (FMA)
Wealth Management Techniques (WMT)
Professional Financial Planner (PFP)
Conduct and Practices (CPH)
Derivative Fundamentals (DFC)
Options Licensing (OLC)
Canadian Securities (CSC)
The Canadian Securities Institute Studies
Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
Financial Planning Standards Council
Life and Disability Insurance License
Canadian Council of Insurance Regulators
ONTARIO SECONDARY SCHOOL DIPLOMA GRADUATE
1983 - 1988
Upper Canada College, Toronto, Ontario
Recipient of Duke Of Edinburgh Award
QUALIFICATIONS IN ACTION
2003 - Present
2002 - 2003
RBC Royal Bank of Canada, Toronto, Ontario
Initially retained by this financial services provider with 60,000 employees world wide as a personal lender. Specialized training and client relationship management recognized, receiving promotion to current position within one year instead of the usual two years. Currently, accountable for developing and expanding long term strategic investment and retirement plans. Relied upon to manage over 300 high net worth client relationships in excess of $40M in credit and investment business. Delivered presentations to sales unit, comprised of individuals from all levels within the company.
· Understand the necessity for looking at the big picture. Worked with clients to provide loans and mortgages, in addition to developing both education and savings plans. Teamed with clients’ legal and accounting representatives ensuring current wills exist and any tax advantages are being used.
· Accomplished at retaining business and attracting new clients. Secured new business worth $5M+ within past year. Maximized corporate market share by referring clients to other RBC sales lines. Offer competitive rates when clients consolidate banking ventures within corporation.
· Consistently won new accounts based on referrals from satisfied existing clients.
2000 - 2002
RBC Dominion Securities, Toronto, Ontario
Selected by this brokerage to serve a high net worth client-base to develop, implement, and monitor investment portfolios. Determined work ethic and refined interpersonal skills successfully prospected clients via cold calling, mail outs, seminars, referrals from existing clients, and professional networks. Without question, ambitious: literally the first employee there each day.
· Within first year, grew business from 0 to $6M during a collapsed stock market period. Crossed the $10M a few months later.
· Earned reputation for refined ability to attract and maintain solid client relations. Sold Book and transitioned to previous, financial planning roles.
OWNER AND CO-FOUNDER
1995 - 1999
The Lost Camel Coffeehouse, Toronto, Ontario
Spearheaded this Retail Coffeehouse from the ground up. Entrepreneurial spirit conceived and implemented the foundation and success of this 30-seat operation. Drafted quality business plan, securing $70 000 bank loan, virtually unheard of for a new graduate. Realized annual revenues of $400 000 in a competitive market.
· Won “Best Independent Coffeehouse” in 1997, 1998, and 1999 as voted by “Eye Magazine”. Without question, regarded as the spot in the of Queen Street West area.
· Captured additional revenue by running a catering business out of The Lost Camel.
· Completed all payroll, accounts payable/ receivable, marketing and advertising duties. Directed human resource functions and training for a staff of 12.
· Profitable venture from day one. Sold operation for twice the original building costs.
1993 - 1995
Operated a company called Student Seasonal Services in London, Ontario for the first six months after graduation. Cleaned gutters, windows, and painted. Earned funds to travel and move to Australia. Explored continent via mountain bike. Visited several Pacific Rim countries.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet Research.
VOLUNTEER / COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
· Out of the Cold Program team member. This program works to provide food and shelter for homeless Toronto street youth. Prepare hot breakfasts weekly from a downtown church to assist this population. (2002 - Present)
· RBC Branch’s Volunteer fundraiser for Sick Kids Walkathon: raised $2 500 in donations, and thousands worth of product donations for silent auctions. (2001 and 2002)
· Participate in multiple marathons and half marathons