604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
IT MANAGER / SUPERVISOR • IT TEAM LEADER
Superior record of steady career progression over 17-years in IT, mirrors underlying commitment to deliver robust, customer-responsive services and projects in deadline- and task-driven environments. Commonsense approach and “big-picture” vision are hallmarks of a consensus-driven leadership style that encourages problem ownership and empowers staff to brainstorm solutions. Respected for troubleshooting acuity and capacity to think “outside the square” for more effective outcomes. Independent work habits, intuitive business sense, and an instant grasp of new technologies underpin dedication to steer streamlined operations within a cost-effective and productive IT function.
Professional strengths include:
Ÿ Service level agreements
Ÿ Strategic planning
Ÿ Team management/training
Ÿ Performance appraisals
Ÿ Staff succession planning
Ÿ Technical troubleshooting
Ÿ Budgeting and forecasting
Ÿ Help Desk Management
Ÿ SLA targets
Ÿ System expandability & reliability
Ÿ Project management
Ÿ Business needs analysis
Ÿ Vendor relationships
Ÿ Proposal development
Ÿ Staff recruitment, induction
Ÿ Operations/infrastructure management
Ÿ System/network process controls
Ÿ Workflow prioritization
Ÿ Customer service delivery
Ÿ Productivity enhancements
Ÿ Internal Restructuring
BENCHMARKS & MILESTONES
· Steered extended resolution support centre operations, achieving “fix” rates of 96%—outstripping previous benchmark of 73%—the established service level agreement standard.
· Slashed end-user complaints from 20+ weekly to virtually non-existent levels.
· Pioneered key performance indicators for the first time in the Extended Resolution Center’s history. Initiative elevated staff productivity rates by more than a third, setting the standard for achievable goals in staffs’ yearly performance evaluations.
· Winner, “Quality and Achievement” certificate recognizing efforts in revamping the CSR Intranet.
· Instituted call logging, reinforcing the partnership between attention to detail and successful, efficient support operations. Idea sparked a three-fold improvement in the quality of call logging, and later became a formal divisional process.
· Cut ACD call abandon rates from 20% plus to just 6.5% in 7-months for Philip Morris Ltd.
PHILIP MORRIS LTD, IT Support Performance Manager/Supervisor
DELOITTE TOUCHE TOHMATSU, Support Manager
CSR–INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES, Senior Helpdesk Support
ONCALL SUPPORT SYSTEMS, Senior Technical Account Manager
LOGICAL SOLUTIONS, Senior Engineer
APPLE COMPUTER, Senior Dealer Support—New Operating Systems
DOMINO COMPUTERS/CMS AUSTRALIA, National Service Manager
COMPUTER CELLAR/LOGIC SOURCE, Service Manager
PHILIP MORRIS LTD
IT Support Performance Manager/Supervisor
Pioneered the company’s new foray into outsourced IT support, replacing a 9-year agreement that was consistently failing to deliver on service, structure, and performance.
6-weeks prior to “go live,” completely revamped internal processes and procedures after an intensive audit of call-management protocols, staff operations, incident reporting, escalation measurements, and key performance indicators.
Hired new staff, identified deficiencies, and devised solutions for optimizing communications between the support area and end users.
· Developed Service Level Agreements for both the business and outsourcing firm Hudson Global Resources.
· Spearheaded industry best practice enhancements through the implementation of ITIL methodologies; continued to consult with management on long-term visions from a global perspective including SMS/Email alerts for SLA monitoring.
· Managed the global initiative to roll-out HP Service Desk 4.
In just 9-months, results have been impressive:
· Cut ACD call abandon rates from 20% plus to just 6.5%.
· Boosted the reputation of the IT support division winning praiseworthy feedback from end-users impressed by the steep and rapid improvement in the quality of knowledge and service delivery from the very first month. Successfully combated a steady increase in IT support calls that had risen to 1000 calls weekly since the quality problem-resolution had improved.
· Launched productivity-saving protocols that slashed work backlogs by 65%.
· Spearheaded the company’s first SLAs with local business.
· Embarked on a comprehensive communication strategy that reinforced transparency. Renewed focus on keeping the local business users “in the loop” on potential issues surrounding planned outages, maintenance work, and system faults, won the appreciation of all end users.
· Standardized all group documents and email for optimum cost management.
DELOITTE TOUCHE TOHMATSU
Support Manager, Extended Resolution Center
Swiftly progressed from IT support analyst role, through team leadership, and finally Support Manager of the Extended Resolution Centre, second-in-charge to the Asia Pacific Regional Support Director.
Promoted during a turbulent period of organizational change that had prompted internal staff unrest through lack of recognition and training, elevated customer dissatisfaction levels, and high volumes of repeat support calls.
With additional responsibilities for overseeing the IT administration and help desk areas for 7-months prior to a supervisory appointment, the challenges were immense—juggling daily operations, steering change, and instilling staff acceptance through transparent communications, training, and team-building.
Results were impressive with “fix” rates pegged at 96%, surpassing the 75% service level delivery benchmark.
Identified skills deficits and spearheaded training schedules for teams lacking the technical and customer service skills critical to impart first and second-level support with clarity and resolution.
· Orchestrated “new starters induction kit” a regime providing 3-weeks full-time training for support staff, and an assigned “buddy” providing direction and measuring quality performances during initial week of fielding calls.
· Built persuasive case seeking acceptance for increased staff funding that promised a return on investment via guaranteed attainment of forecast individual call loads.
· Pioneered monitored key performance indicators for the first time in the division’s history. Initiative boosted staff productivity by 30% and created achievable goals in yearly performance evaluations.
· Instituted call logging, reinforcing the partnership between attention to detail and successful, efficient support operations. Idea sparked a three-fold improvement in the quality of call logging, becoming a formal process.
· Cut complaints from 20+ weekly to virtually non-existent levels.
· Launched successful staff bonus scheme “Play to Win”—an idea borne of a need to increase morale, teamwork and productivity through rewards and recognition of compliance to procedures, timeframes, attendance, and productivity KPIs.
· Generated revenues by opening business units to outsource internal IT support staff when required in field assignments.
· Introduced formal checklists that ensured step-by-step operations for machine maintenance. Quality assurance process of data back-ups and identical software configurations, avoided lost data and cut instances of customer complaints.
· Acting support director in support directors absence.
· Introduced “decision styles” to the formal review process.
· Partnered with key business personnel to produce “Customer Service Updates” forums—a means of presenting emerging technologies, brainstorming strategic directions, and reviewing/reinforcing goals. Secured key speakers across the organization from finance, technology, applications, and business. Initiative proved so successful, idea was later launched in Sydney, followed by other state offices.
· Introduced guidelines for dealing with multi-level communication issues, including organization-wide emails and voicemails, and Intranet system status advisory allowing staff to check planned or unscheduled outage details.
Key contributor to internal and outsourced projects spanning CRM, intranet, ehelpdesk, and Windows 2000 migration. Highlights:
· Project-managed the first group intranet from concept, through design, development, and implementation. Navigated the minefields of changing priorities to deliver the project on time, and to specification.
· Directed the ehelpdesk online intranet for PeopleSoft Vantive. Resolved design issues, coordinated multi-phased production testing and delivery, and collaborated with human resources and payroll divisions to develop and refine self-help areas for staff online accessing human resources and payroll information
· Major project stakeholder in replacing existing CRM system for PeopleSoft Vantive. Monitored project progress, ensured vendor compliance with contract agreement, and resolved complex technology issues with legacy systems versus automated features. New system produced return on investment in just 2-months, steering workflow increases of up to 30%, and cutting errors significantly.
· Steered Regional Technology Center support development.
· Credited with winning ITIL accreditation through implementation of industry quality standards.
Advanced troubleshooting and resolution of desktop, server, and application issues. Mentored staff, devised rosters, chaired meetings, and provided second-level technical support to local and international users across the Asia Pacific region.
· Acknowledgement as the team’s most senior technical member prompted a two-week appointment to the U.S. to grasp technologies, terminologies and gain insight into the Siebel rollout project for the Asia Pacific region. Within 2-months of “go live” was cited by the U.S. for successful level of autonomy attained in steering project—a rarity compared with other similar rollouts globally.
· Personally conducted first-, second, and third-level support and training to users throughout Australia and Asia
· Authored blueprint for first- and second-level support documentation, providing step-by-step examples of routine solutions/fixes that aided support staffs’ productivity and service delivery.
· Developed, implemented, and rolled out new support structure for Deloitte branded the “Personal Service Network” in collaboration with the APA Director. Involvement in the project, combining call centre contact across IT support, HR and payroll, spanned document definition, investigation into local and global integration potential, and staff selection, induction training, and KPI monitoring.
· Consistently accomplished “EE” (exceeding expectations) grade in personal performance reviews.
· Produced technical support documentation; email administrator; national voicemail system administrator; third level Siebel support for APA region.
Senior Support Analyst
Troubleshot and resolved desktop, network, and systems issues; supported applications including Solution 6, Office, Notes, Novell, CCMAIL, Windows 98/NT and Norton’s Antivirus. Administrator for Lotus Notes and Novell, providing after hours support, as well as remote access support for Shiva/Radius.
CSR - INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
Senior HelpDesk Support
National LAN/WAN support and 24-hour remote technical support. Within 4-months was appointed a senior member of the team. Winner, “Quality and Achievement” certificate for revamping the CSR Intranet.
ONCALL SUPPORT SYSTEMS
Senior Technical Account Manager
Delivered technical service and support to design studios, internet providers, marketing companies and major education schools such as Newington college. Subcontracted to organizations including Clemenger Advertising, WHO & TIME magazines, Nat West Markets, James Hardie Industries and more.
Logical Solutions: Senior Engineer (1991–1992); Apple Computer, HelpDesk Support (1991); Domino Computers/CMS Australia, National Service Manager (1989); Computer Cellar/Logic Sourge, Service Manager (1988); Seahorse Computers, Service Technician/Customer Support (1986).
Vast exposure over many years to all major operating systems, commercial and custom-built applications. Expert knowledge of systems, infrastructure, applications, and hardware—across small and large corporate environments. Recent exposure to HP Openview SD4 CRM, QMaster ACD telephone system.
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
Certified Novell Administrator • Microsoft Certified Professional
• ITIL Support Management, AIM
Hundreds of hours devoted to ongoing professional development via formal short courses, conferences, symposia, and information sessions. Topics include:
HDI Service Management symposium, “gEM” staff appraisal and mentoring programs, AIM Management, Exchange migration and implementation, Seibel system support and maintenance, SAP modules: inventory, and production; team building, quality service and time management, Lotus Notes administration, manpower management, and Apple Macintosh networking, peripherals, and service.
Gayle M. Howard -email@example.com - Top Margin - http://www.topmargin.com