Purchasing Manager Best
1453 Amber Way # 345, Salt Lake City, UT 73997 / Tel# (406) 555-4127 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purchasing manager with 17 years procurement experience within the retail clothing industry. History of using technological solutions to coordinate merchandise supply over a dispersed geographical area and to guarantee just-in-time arrival of goods. Strong focus on building and maintaining close ties with vendors and suppliers. Proven negotiation ability and demonstrated skill at analyzing competitive bids, contracts, and leases. Bachelor's degree in Fashion Merchandising.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Vendor Relations – actively manage interactions with vendors ensuring mutual satisfaction with processes and win-win solutions to challenges.
Stock Planning and Tracking – control inventory levels using technology to track and analyze merchandising patterns.
Just-in-time Delivery – coordinate vendors, freight providers, and store managers to deliver goods just in time, taking advantage of all opportunities to streamline and improve processes.
Process Efficiency – standardize processes, employing paperless forms and Web technology to reduce errors and delays significantly.
Contract Negotiation – firmly represent the needs and goals of company management to negotiate the most favorable terms for contracts and leases.
UNITED FASHION MERCHANDISERS, Salt Lake City, UT
1998 - Present
Provided outsourced purchasing services to independent, boutique store owners. Managed vendor relations, ordering processes, freight scheduling, returns, inventory control, and backorders for a network of 157 stores throughout Utah. Supervised a 12-member team of buyers, purchasing agents, and customer service representatives, maintaining annual sales of $83M.
· Initiated order automation, reducing processing costs by 45% and entry time by 30 seconds.
· Spearheaded stockless inventory system resulting in reduced merchandise costs of 21% and a more timely delivery of goods.
· Established and managed Web-based purchasing system to enable store managers to track orders, stock levels, and delivery status.
· Researched and proposed system improvements, presenting recommendations with detailed cost-benefit analyses and estimated ROI.
CONSOLIDATED DEPARTMENT STORES, Salt Lake City, UT
1992 - 1998
Supervised staff of 20 purchasing agents, serving 15 stores. Directed enterprise-wide procurement of consumables, merchandise, furnishings, and equipment. Advised store managers on vendor and supply chain issues.
· Established and maintained database of approved vendors and suppliers, reducing time to access vendor information by two days.
· Scheduled freight for just-in-time delivery of goods to improve use of limited storage space.
· Negotiated and purchased supplies and merchandise up to $37 million annually.
· Renegotiated equipment and space leases, resulting in a savings of $2.8M.
GREAT BASIN CLOTHING OUTLET, Salt Lake City, UT
1988 - 1992
Managed purchasing activity for clothing outlet, including ordering supplies, contracting for merchandise, and negotiating equipment licenses. Oversaw personnel and operations of 15,000 square-foot warehouse. Tracked supplies and merchandise inventory.
· Designed and implemented tracking system for purchase orders to increase accuracy in budgeting and cost control.
· Hired, trained, and supervised purchasing staff of four and a warehouse staff of eight.
· Researched multiple sources for supplies, evaluated proposals, and negotiated contracts.
· Analyzed sales data to improve forecast for warehouse utilization.
SALT LAKE FASHION, Provo, UT
1985 - 1988
Purchased supplies and floor merchandise for women’s fashion boutique. Managed vendor accounts, tracked inventory levels, and ordered merchandise, coordinating purchases and delivery schedule with store manager. Oversaw organization and maintenance of stockroom.
· Streamlined purchasing procedure by consolidating purchasing forms, reducing costs 25%.
· Contracted for volume discounts from vendors, yielding 10% cost savings.
· Supervised stockroom employees to maintain safe and organized stockroom.
Bachelor of Arts (Merchandise Management), 1985
Provo State College, Provo, Utah
Institute for Supply Management
National Contract Management Association
American Purchasing Society
Association for Merchandise Planning and Allocation