604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Oracle 8 Certified Database Administrator / Ten Years’ Technical Experience
Senior Database Consultant with expertise in facility and project management. Fast-learning, independent problem-solver and troubleshooter simultaneously handling multiple projects.
Sun Solaris 9
Sun SPARC Server
Windows 2000 / 2003
Oracle RDBMS / PLSQL
Oracle Developer 2000
Microsoft SQL Server
DATABASE SET-UP / MANAGEMENT
Charged with set up, configuration, and preventative maintenance of complex databases for ministries and statutory boards on per-project basis single-handedly.
· Accelerated operations in Ministry of Education (MOE) by replacing DOS-based system with user-friendly Windows-based (GUI) application for School Physical Fitness Test System using Oracle Developer 2000 and Oracle distributed databases; application eventually pushed down to over 300 schools in Singapore.
· Contributed to Census of Population 2000 System for Ministry of Information, Communication and the Arts (MITA) for Singapore population census by developing ‘enquiry’ module using Oracle Developer 2000 and Oracle database in joint project between Singtel and NCS involving 20 programmers.
· Reconfigured three production databases and six test database servers (containing average of 500,000-1,000,000 rows of data) and migrated all Oracle clients on remote sites to new network for Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA).
· Wrote document recovery procedures and tested recovery of financial databases (20GB) at Disaster Recovery (DR) site for Ministry of National Development (MND); database stored 3000 tables with each table having average of 500,000 to 1,000,000 rows of financial data.
· Built and configured Oracle database (9i release 2) and Weblogic application server (7.0) on Sun Solaris Server for development and production server in Ministry of Environment (EMV). Also set up and configured Oracle database on Sun Solaris Server for Singapore Land Authority (SLA).
· Currently setting up and configuring Oracle database (9i release 2) on Windows 2000 server for Town Council development team; installed and configured ERP applications despite lack of formal training.
PROBLEM-SOLVING AND TROUBLESHOOTING
Troubleshot new and recurring problems and provided on-going technical support to ministries and statutory boards for newly-configured databases.
· Upgraded Oracle databases and Microsoft SQL servers for Y2K compliance despite constraint of using lower Oracle version (8.0.3); acted as technical consultant to MND applications team in database tuning and quarterly security reviews.
· Slashed time spent monitoring databases 91.67%, from two hours to ten minutes, by compiling script that embodies ten years’ troubleshooting and problem-solving experience.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT / STAFF MANAGEMENT
Provided leadership and guidance for staff during large-scale projects.
· Led five-member team and coordinated with three cross-functional teams in developing school-link system implemented in over 300 schools.
· Provide constant guidance to two junior staff recruited to assist in configuring of Oracle database for Town Council.
NATIONAL COMPUTER SYSTEMS PTE. LTD. (NCS)
Served as Database and HP-UX System Administrator with:
Building and Construction Authority (BCA) / National Parks Board (NPB)
Served as Database Consultant with:
Singapore Land Authority (SLA)
Ministry of Environment (EMV)
Ministry of National Development (MND)
Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA)
Ministry of National Development (MND)
Ministry of Information, Communication and the Arts (MITA)
Served as Application Developer (Project Leader) with:
Ministry of Education (MOE)
NATIONAL COMPUTER BOARD (NCB) (bought over by Singtel to become NCS in 1996)
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING / EDUCATION
IBM DB II (2-day course)
Oracle 8 Certified Database Administrator (self-study of three out of five courses)
Diploma in Computer Studies—Ngee Ann Polytechnic