Heavy Equipment Mechanic
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Professional with 21 years union and non-union experience, with over 10 years as an Equipment Mobile Mechanic.
- Strong time management techniques, capable decision-maker.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and operational problems.
- Reputation for dependability, integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to produce in a demanding work schedule.
- Work well with others.
HANDS-ON AND TECHNICAL
• Operated / repaired various types of excavating, demolition and construction equipment: scrapers/spreads, backhoes, loaders, bulldozers, compactors, road graders, haul trucks, forklifts, lattice friction crane, boom welding, and over-the-road trucks. Brands: Caterpillar, Komatsu, Hitachi, John Deere and more.
• Owned and operated a 1987 Ford LN8000 Service Truck, with a15,000-lb crane, 500-amp welder, 45-CRM air compressor, water and oil capacities, and all hand tools required.
• Performed all repairs -- light field maintenance / repairs to major field and/or shop overhauls.
• Skilled at performing welding fabrication and repairs - stick or MIG.
• Subcontracted welding and fabricating, and equipment maintenance/repair for a number of construction businesses throughout Minnesota.
• Mobile mechanic on large housing site development and water reclamation projects throughout southern California during the housing boom of the 80s.
• Worked on Housing and Highway projects in the Minnesota Metro area.
• In-house shop mechanic for DH Blattner, a global excavation and mining corporation.
MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION
• As Head Mechanic on a California-based water reclamation project, directed and supervised a crew of 3, and made daily decisions regarding repair.
• Shop Foreman in Guam, overseeing equipment repair operations. Managed a staff of 9, procured parts from Mainland suppliers, negotiated equipment repairs and payment within a global market (Korea, Japan, Australia, and Guam), prepared written job estimates for customers, and simultaneously performed mechanical repairs.
• As a Leased Mechanic (Minnesota Union Local), was selected by company to spearhead a non-existing Maintenance Program. Managed all facets of establishing this new area. The division has grown from initial staff of 1 to 11, and is accountable for +440 equipment units.
Zane Company, St. Paul, MN
1998 - Present
Subcontractor Mobile / Equipment Mechanic
Union of Operating Engineers, Anytown, MN
1991 - 1998
Mobile Equipment Mechanic
Doyle and Associates, St. Paul, MN
1990 - 1991
Union of Operating Engineers, California
1985 - 1990
Master Mechanic / Mobile Crew Mechanic
U.S Naval Base, Guam
Equipment Repair Shop Foreman
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• Graduate, Heavy Equipment Mechanic Engineer School, U.S. Marine Corps.
• Ongoing dealer training regarding changing maintenance requirements and product knowledge.
PRWRA Barb Poole - Hire Imaging - email@example.com