2503 Second Avenue, Denver, CO 73207 / Tel# (628) 555-0032 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elementary School Teacher with six years of experience. Dedication to the profession of teaching and overall student development recognized by awards and commendations. Innovative integration of technology and hands-on activities to support learning concepts. Earned Bachelor of Arts in Teaching and Colorado Teaching Certificate for K-8.
· Dedicated to meeting the individual needs of children using creative, engaging methods.
· Skilled in team teaching and interfacing with parents, colleagues, and administration.
· Excellent program development and strategic planning skills, including design of after-school enrichments and remediation programs.
· Experienced with a range of student ages, from preschool through middle school and junior high.
· Top awards and evaluations received during short teaching tenure.
LINCOLN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, Denver, Colorado
2001 - Present
Managed classroom of 2nd and 3rd grade students, teaching all subjects including gym, art, and music. Developed lesson plans that met varied student needs, evaluated and assessed children’s development, and implemented study methodologies to enhance children’s progress. Attended teacher in-services and staff meetings, maintaining strong relationships with fellow staff and administrators.
· Selected as “Model Classroom” by administration for emphasis on clear goals and objectives for each lesson.
· Awarded top performance rating in principal's evaluations due to individual assistance designed for students with special needs.
· Generated classroom excitement by introducing hands-on lessons and programming.
· Pursued new learning tools to enhance educational programs.
· Inspired and motivated children in art and craft design utilizing natural materials. Third grade students won 1st place in annual art competition, second grade students earned 2nd place.
GREATER DENVER SCHOOL DISTRICT, Denver, Colorado
1998 - 2000
Managed classrooms, followed lesson plans, and provided instruction relative to English, math, history, and science at the middle school level. Continually maintained student interest and provided an interactive atmosphere. Hired as full-time replacement teacher due to established positive reputation. Attended parent conferences and PTA sponsored events.
· Effectively implemented available lesson plans to ensure continuity of instruction.
· Integrated technology across curriculum providing additional classroom resources and enabling hands-on use of computer equipment.
· Participated in multi-class, multi-age activities to increase student interpersonal skills.
· Devised and implemented cross-curricular units to link math and history concepts.
· Created after-school literacy centers, involving 30% of students voluntarily.
FREEDOM PRESCHOOL, Colorado Springs, Colorado
1997 - 1998
Observed students to ascertain their interests, background, learning styles, maturity level, and parent preferences. Organized personal learning activities to meet each student’s needs.
· Assisted students by providing individualized instruction based on observation.
· Produced narrative reports to inform parents of progress and challenges.
· Maintained healthy and safe environment for children to explore without undue risks.
· Advised parents on their children’s readiness for kindergarten.
GARFIELD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, Golden, Colorado
1996 - 1997
Interned in 4th grade classroom by teaching all subjects, administering and correcting tests, recording attendance, and exercising needed discipline.
· Co-directed district-wide spelling bee involving over 250 student participants.
· Conducted after school “Math Olympiad” program to provide additional challenges.
· Initiated school’s participation in nationwide oration and writing contests.
· Coordinated 4th grade fundraiser that raised over $2,000.
Bachelor of Arts (Elementary Education), 1998
Central Colorado College, Boulder, Colorado
CREDENTIALS AND AWARDS
Elementary Teaching Credential, Colorado, Grades K-8
National Teacher Certificate
Outstanding Student Teacher – May 1996
Golden Key National Honor Society Member
Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital - Reach Out and Read Program