Business Development Specialist
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Marketing and Communications Expertise
Highly focused and well-respected professional with a track record of producing winning results. Known for strong leadership and motivational skills that consistently produce positive change. Thorough and detail oriented with effective problem solving and analytical capabilities. Articulate and refined communicator, demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills across all levels. Thrive in completing projects within tight timelines in unpredictable environments. Sincere and honest with a high level of personal and professional integrity. Energized by new challenges. Genuine team player; committed to organizational success. Core competencies include:
• Customer Relationship Management • International & Cross-Cultural Experience
• Currency Conversions • Sound Decision Making
• Concurrent Project Management • Trade Shows & Exhibitions
• Leadership, Training & Presentations • Research & Reporting
• Strategic Market Planning • Global Market Research & Development
Multi-lingual: Fluent in French and Spanish. Conversational German and Portuguese.
2001 - Present
BILINGUAL CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE
Soar Travel Service, Calgary, Alberta
2000 - 2001
Initially retained to provide comprehensive services as one of five Travel Consultants in this busy office. Known for delivering exemplary customer service while preparing reservations for hotels, airlines, car rentals, cruises and package vacations nationally and internationally. Skill set recognized and selected as one of 60 employees to support the company's online division.
• Strong results orientation met and usually exceeded monthly sales quotas, earning multiple bonuses, gifts and cash awards.
• Expanded client base and boosted sales by spearheading innovative marketing ideas like hosting theme parties and customer appreciation nights.
• Referred to as the "go to" person for tactfully handling the most challenging clientele, and operational concerns during the manager's absence. Also dealt with all technology changes, upgrades and systems maintenance.
• Selected to travel on global familiarization trips, presenting vital marketing and cultural information to colleagues and managers.
• Maximize customer retention by working after hours, and weekends to ensure company service expectations are delivered as promised.
Junior Team Canada Economic Trade Mission to South Korea and Japan
Succeeded in securing one of forty positions from 500 applicants on this team sponsored by Global Vision. Rigorous competition process entailed strategizing to devise effective marketing platforms. Candidates were monitored for innovation, accompanied by exemplary interpersonal, presentation and leadership skills. Studied etiquette and protocol course for Korean and Japanese business.
• Worked at Korean and Japanese embassies; Korea Trade and Investment Promotion Agency; (KOTRA) and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
• Participated in important debriefing sessions and finalized written reports in Thailand.
• Researched and prepared Franchising Market in South Korea report for the Market Research Centre within the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade. Published at website: http://www.infoexport.gc.ca
• Wrote Marketing Opportunities in South Korea and Japan for DeVry Institute of Technology. Well-crafted marketing strategy accepted and implemented by DeVry.
Swift Travel, Sunset Mall
1996 - 1998
Provided full range of travel services. Balanced time management capabilities by undertaking university studies and working for this well established company.
EDUCATION & SPECIALIZED TRAINING
University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta
Bachelor of Arts, Social Sciences
Major: International Relations and Political Economy Minor: French
Forum for International Trade Training
CERTIFIED INTERNATIONAL TRADE PROFESSIONAL
(Expected graduation - spring 2005)
University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta
Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology, Calgary, Alberta
TRAVEL COUNSELING PROGRAM
(Honours CTC Certification)
Calgary, Alberta, Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
BUSINESS COMMUNICATIONS - Public Speaking
MS Office suite, Apollo/Gemini Reservation, Turbo Sabre, Global Matrix Plus Accounting, SPSS, Internet Research and HTML.
VOLUNTEER WORK HISTORY
Member: Youth With A Mission
( 6 month periods between 1998 - 2000)
• Worked in orphanages, leprosy hospitals, impoverished areas and rehabilitation centres in Australia, India, Switzerland, Hungary and Brazil.
• Organized travel, visa arrangements and inoculations while providing leadership for a team of international students volunteering to work in Brazil. Provided cultural briefings and created moral boosting activities to minimize culture shock. Flexible nature functioned effectively in dramatically different living conditions.
"... is a natural leader with much ability and gifting. She is a young lady, that when sets her mind to a task is fully capable of achieving results of the highest degree."
Sarah Sterling, Departmental Director
University of the Nations, Brisbane, Australia