Organizational Development Specialist
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Human resources professional with the ability to plan, organize, and manage human resources, organizational development, and training responsibilities/projects by integrating business goals with human resource solutions. Dedicated problem solver, who thinks logically, values creativity and cares about people.
• Effective team builder, exhibiting the ability to motivate diverse groups to achieve a targeted goal.
• Enthusiastic, eager to learn, meet new challenges and assimilate new concepts and ideas quickly.
• Focused motivator exhibiting high ethics, competence and confidence underscored by a personal commitment to outstanding professional performance.
• Groups and Work Teams • HR Measurement and Analysis
• Statistical Methods • Organizational Development
• HR Selection and Appraisal • Applied Research Methods
• Personnel Training • Micro-Organizational Behavior
• Business Management • Small Group / Interpersonal
• Oral / Written Communication • Leadership in the Workplace
GEO LEARNING CENTER, Nashville, TN
2001 - Present
• Facilitated corporate enrichment groups and therapeutic adventure programs with child and adult populations.
• Used experiential education model to teach a variety of community and corporate workshops.
• Worked with team of facilitators to maintain industry safety standards and explore different facilitation methods.
• Helped organize and sequence training for corporate and therapeutic programs.
HELIX DATA SYSTEMS, INC, Chattanooga, TN
2000 - 2001
Organizational Development Consultant (Group Project)
• Created and conducted standardized interviews with Helix employees.
• Observed employees and collected daily routine information.
• Presented feedback regarding suggested changes to employees.
UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE, Chattanooga, TN
2000 - 2000
Graduate Student Teaching Assistant, Undergraduate Laboratories
• Composed, presented and taught weekly lectures for three undergraduate laboratories.
• Provided out-of-class tutoring for students on class material.
CITY OF KNOXVILLE PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT, Knoxville, TN
1999 - 2000
Human Resource Assistant / Intern
• Designed exit interview for city employees.
• Facilitated written testing for fireman and police positions.
• Revised job announcements for various city employment positions.
• Screened applicants for teacher's assistant position interviews.
COMMUNITY DISPUTE SETTLEMENT CENTER, Nashville, TN
1997 - 1999
Assistant Mediator / Intern
• Mediated juvenile and assisted with mediation of adult disputes.
• Received twenty hours of mediation skills training.
EDUCATION / TRAINING
UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE, Chattanooga, TN
M.S., Industrial / Organizational Psychology
Thesis: "The Role of Personality Variables in Predicting Expatriate Adaptability: Implications for Cross-Cultural Selection"
Selection Project, August to December 1999
• Designed proposal of selection module for mock airline.
• Presented proposal with group members to audience of classmates.
Training Project, January to May 1999
• Researched topic of compensation negotiation
• Composed lecture material, visual aids, handouts, and participatory activities
• Conducted training seminar with group members to audience of classmates
KNOX UNIVERSITY, Knoxville, TN
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology , Minor: Business Administration
Undergraduate Group Thesis: "Alcohol Related Locus-of-Control in Relation to Undergraduate Academic Classification and Self-Esteem." Presented to National Conference on Undergraduate Research.
WORDSMITH CONSULTING, Memphis, TN
Basic Facilitator Training, 80-hour course
• Microsoft Word, Excel, Corel WordPerfect
• PowerPoint, Quicken, SPSS 9.0
HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
Association for Experiential Education, 2000 to Present
Society for Human Resource Management, 1998 to Present
Society for Industrial Organizational Psychology, 1998 to Present
Adult CPR Certified, American Red Cross, Current
PRWRA Judy Arabie - Just Your Type, Inc. - Résumé Manager - http://www.justyourtype.com - email@example.com