General Manager Financial
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
PROFESSIONAL MANAGEMENT PROFILE
Successful professional career spanning 18 years including strong planning, organization development, and general and administrative management qualifications. Possess outstanding team building, mentoring and leadership skills. Experienced in facilitating change in a workforce to support reengineering initiatives and meet organizational operating, financial and quality objectives. Ability to write and implement efficient work schedules, policies, programs, and procedures.
• Demonstrated talent for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, directing, and supervising staff, achieving balance between task needs and employee needs.
• Highly effective in analyzing workflow and communication patterns, to maximize effectiveness of the work team.
• Train, supervise and evaluate staff, enabling them to improve skills and achieve work objectives.
• Skilled and confident in organizing a start-up phase of new projects.
Experienced user of Windows Operating Systems, and Microsoft Office Professional
N.A.S.D. Series 6 Licensed to sell Mutual Funds, Variable Annuities and Variable Life Insurance
Arizona Life and Health Insurance Licensee
• General Management • Strategic Planning and Growth
• Performance Reengineering • P&L Management
• Customer Relationship Management • Quality and Production Management
INDUSTRIAL FINANCIAL NETWORK, Tucson, AZ
2001 - Present
Conducted in-depth consultations with prospective clients to nurture the relationship, assessed the needs and developed a customized plan that meets short or long-term financial goals and objectives. Closely monitored market trends and client portfolios to assist with the development of investment strategies. Promoted Disability Income Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plans and Group Benefits to Business owners, Human Resource Managers and Comptrollers.
MAXWELL COLLEGE, Phoenix, AZ
1995 - 2001
Environmental Services Director
Managed and supervised the custodial service department for this university campus with approximately 50 professional and education buildings. Facilitated ongoing training programs and safety meetings to ensure OSHA Safety Regulations, Guidelines, and Procedures. Handled equipment and supply inventory control, and maintained vendor relations. Managed a staff of 22 employees including interviewing, hiring, training, and performance evaluations.
• Increased department efficiency by implementing nationally recognized custodial staffing guidelines.
• Successfully established procedures and schedules to ensure proper utilization of manpower and equipment.
• Initiated programs to recognize employee excellence.
UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER, Tempe, AZ
1989 - 1995
Environmental Services Manager
Managed and supervised 37 employees and the housekeeping operations of 140-bed facility including an emergency room, detox unit, and outpatient clinic. Recruited, interviewed, selected employees, and set schedules. Identified and instituted safety and technical training needs for employees and conducted routine performance evaluations. Ensured compliance of operations with state, local, and federal governing agency rules and regulations.
• Built housekeeping department into a skilled, motivated team by training and empowering employees, designing schedules, and setting policies and procedures.
• Successfully executed an Employee Planning and Evaluation program.
• Implemented an Orientation Program, Employee Recognition Program, and significantly reduced employee turnover.
• Passed two inspections by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and Medicare without a single citation or recommendation.
ACME INDUSTRIES, Phoenix, AZ
1984 - 1989
Housekeeping and Laundry Manager
Fulfilled housekeeping and laundry terms of contracts with various hospitals and nursing homes throughout the Southwest. Maintained successful operations, and passed performance and quality inspections within very strict budgetary and payroll guidelines of contractors. Researched, documented, and presented annual budgets for manpower, supplies, and profit margins of pending contracts. Supervised staff of up to 75 employees. Served as start-up engineer for 20 new accounts throughout region and as Contract Operations Manager of General Hospital Housekeeping Department. Maintained excellent relationships with all hospital administrators and staff.
• Implemented company systems designed to minimize manpower and utilize efficient and reliable equipment, chemicals and techniques.
• Professional Image Award Recipient, 1987.
Arizona State University, Tucson, AZ
Masters, Business Administration /
• Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
Phoenix College, Phoenix, AZ
Bachelor of Arts, French