Product Marketing Manager
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
DOMESTIC & INTERNATIONAL MARKETING / SALES MANAGEMENT
Automotive … Industrial … Recreational … Agricultural Markets
Marketing and sales professional with a 14-year track record of success through strategic market planning, strong leadership, and the ability to meet goals as well as identify and develop new opportunities in competitive and niche markets. Excellent communication skills; ability to develop and leverage relationships at all levels within and outside the organization. Solid leadership, planning, and organizational skills. Demonstrated core competencies include:
· Strategic Market & Operations Planning
· Product Development & Positioning
· Market Research & Competitive Analysis
· Sales Forecasting & Growth Planning
· Key Account & Territory Management
· Client Relationship Management
· Team Building & Team Leadership
· Competitive Market Knowledge
CHARTER STEEL—Saukville, Wisconsin
1998 to Present
Privately held corporation with 4 divisions and 1,000+ employees. A leading full-process, value-added supplier of finished steel to automotives, OEM’s, fabricators, and other industrial accounts.
PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER (2002 to Present)
Promoted to manage divisional product line sales with profit and loss accountability of $50 million annually. Responsible for in-depth analysis and development of long-term, comprehensive marketing and operational strategies to drive growth in key market segments including springs, bearing quality, cold forging, and cold-finish quality.
· Cultivated relationships with European parts suppliers leading to multi-million-dollar contracts for modified product to major automotive OEM’s.
· Developed relationship with Mexican parts supplier leading to $4.3 million contract with General Motors. Long-term potential led to the purchase of another mill to satisfy demand.
· Identified, developed, and implemented high-end niche within aerospace industry leading to $12 million contract.
· Successfully developed relationship and $3.8 million contract with Japanese parts/components manufacturer and supplier to various industries including automotive, agricultural, and recreational.
PRODUCT MANAGER—Cold Finish Quality (2001 to 2002)
Conducted market research; developed and executed selling strategies for cold-finish bar product.
· Within 12 months, increased product sales by 500%.
INSIDE SALES MANAGER (1998 to 2001)
Recruited to directly oversee 14 Inside Sales Representatives and indirectly supervise 30 Outside Sales Representatives and Technical Service Managers. Managed new product and existing product development, promotion, and positioning.
· Oversaw development, promotion, pricing, and market positioning of existing and new product lines.
· Developed marketing strategies enabling company to move into new markets and double in sales and revenues over three years.
· Developed effective forecasting model; devised and successfully implemented systems to forecast future sales. Information used to coordinate billet purchases with customer demand.
· Established highly successful strategy to approach new and more sophisticated markets, resulting in strong growth in the aerospace, automotive suspension spring, ball bearing, and cold-finished bar markets.
· Increased revenues and preserved margin requirements during a major steel-industry downturn.
BIRMINGHAM STEEL CORPORATION—Cleveland, Ohio
A leading producer of merchant bar and rebar steel operating from mini-mills and distribution centers nationwide.
MIDWEST REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
Recruited to develop sales/marketing foundation and establish new business in Midwest Sales territory.
· Achieved significant, long-term territory sales volume growth and captured substantial market share from targeted accounts.
· Provided systems and communication tools still in use, and valued by client base.
NORTH STAR STEEL (a Cargill Company)—Minneapolis, Minnesota
1990 to 1998
The largest privately held corporation in the United States. A leading supplier of steel, with annual production in excess of 3 million tons from 11 mills and finishing facilities nationwide.
CHICAGO DISTRICT SALES REPRESENTATIVE—Chicago, Illinois (1994 to 1998)
EAST COAST SALES REPRESENTATIVE—Cleveland, Ohio (1993 to 1994)
AUTOMOTIVE SPECIALIST—Minneapolis, Minnesota (1991 to 1992)
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE—Monroe, Michigan (1990 to 1991)
Managed existing and developed new, profitable relationships with industrial accounts including steel service centers, direct automotives, OEM’s, fabricators, forges, and cold finishers. Developed new business through referral network, trade publications, and cold calling.
· Increased sales in Chicago territory 50%. Moved volume from $48 million to $72 million in 3 years.
· Delivered sales increase of 30% within the East Coast sales region. Moved volume from $24 million to $36 million in 12 months.
· Achieved strong customer loyalty through delivery of exceptional service.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
MBA Program—Keller Graduate School of Management—Currently Enrolled, 6 courses completed
BA (Marketing)—University of St. Thomas—St. Paul, Minnesota, 1990
E-Commerce Coursework—University of Wisconsin—Milwaukee, 2000
Professional Selling Skills, Problem Solving & Decision Making, Effective Management Skills,
People & Personality Training, Presentation Skills, Advanced Microsoft Excel Training
Cold Finish Steel Bar Institute
Michele J. Haffner - firstname.lastname@example.org - http://www.careerproresumes.com