Retail Manager Cosmetics
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
RETAIL SALES & OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
Fragrance and cosmetics industry
Goal-oriented retail sales manager with progressive experience career in supervising retail outlets up to 150,000 sq. ft. in metropolitan markets. Proven success in sales training, customer satisfaction, new business development, and marketing initiatives. Demonstrated track record in revitalizing under-performing store operations by 200%. Excellent leadership and staff management skills. Vast knowledge in fragrance and cosmetics sales.
Key areas of competencies include:
Sales & Marketing
New Business Development
Customer Service & Satisfaction
Proficiency in Microsoft Office
RETAIL SALES EXPERIENCE
Sales & Marketing Consultant
2003 – present
Strategically market and sell high-quality designer fragrances for women and men at major department stores in the metropolitan DC area. Interface regularly with account executives to obtain sales directives.
· Successfully promote of multiple product lines, including Calvin Klein, Vera Wang, Estee Lauder, Donna Karan and Liz Clairborne.
· Consistently maintain or exceed monthly sales goals by about 20%.
VICTORIA’S SECRET, Arlington, VA
2001 – 2003
Senior Assistant Manager
Recruited to enhance sales for under-performing, 100,000 sq ft. retail fragrance for leading international retailer of female lingerie and fragrances. Held full profit and loss responsibility for daily store operations, sales planning, inventory management, and product promotions, and visual merchandising. Managed a staff of 12 sales associates, including hiring, sales training and employee development.
· Delivered a +15% sales gain within 12-months, which enabled store (previously operating at loss) to achieve its sales goal of $1 million.
· Repeatedly exceeded monthly sales plan for the store by 25% - 40%.
· Played instrumental role in store ranking 2nd place in Secret’s Award for achieving top sales in the nation.
· Improved staff morale, which employee turnover and absenteeism by 10%.
· Promoted from Sales Leader to Co-Director is record six months of employment.
Medical Assistant, Medstar Hospital Center, Upper Marlboro, MD
1999 – 2001
Customer Relations Associate, Scientific Artifacts Museum, Calverton, MD
1998 – 1999
Sales Representative, Aetna Family Insurance, Edgewater, MD
1997 – 1998
Support Services Coordinator, Youth Corps Program, Washington, DC
1994 – 1997
Inventory Clerk, Blockbuster Videos, Capitol Heights, MD
1993 – 1994