Registered Nurse Best
4567 9th Avenue, Portland, OR 97225 / Tel# (503) 555-9047 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursing professional with 24 years of nursing and supervisory experience. Comprehensive knowledge of direct patient care, nursing procedures, healthcare administration policies, and caseload management. Reputation as a self-directed professional with superior problem solving, communication, and management skills. Successful in managing time, prioritizing tasks, and organizing projects to improve the Quality of Patient Care.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
· Direct Patient Care
· Public Health Administration
· Caseload Supervision
· OBRA/Regulatory Standards
· Cost Controls/Effectiveness
· Policy and Procedures Development
· Records Control/Progress Reports
· Patient and Family Communications
· Employee and Physician Relations
· Supervision and Training
· Risk Assessment Management
· Project Coordination/Management
HAVENREST CARE FACILITY, Portland, OR
1996 - Present
Coordinated 61 patients in the Skilled Nursing Unit. Directed case management and financial assessments for all patients. Fostered relationships with geriatric patients and their families. Reviewed prescription medications with residents and suggested changes in care based on feedback.
· Spearheaded accreditation process for membership in the American Association of Retirement Continuing Care. Assisted administrative effort and evaluated criteria, which directly aided facility in meeting the standards for accreditation.
· Generated the highest percentage reimbursement rate (ranked #3 out of 14) for medical assistance by conducting proper caseload management. Served as liaison directly accountable to physicians and patients for overseeing accuracy of case history reports.
· Designed in-house training manual for RNAC position and ensured documentation complied with current federal and state government requirements. Developed nursing protocols, flow sheets, and assessment tools that assisted staff in improving productivity and expediting patient care procedures.
· Performed all duties of registered nurse, including administering therapy, maintaining patient treatment records, and consulting with physicians.
MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, Salem, OR
1988 - 1996
Registered Nurse - Critical Care
Performed all duties of ICU Nurse on a 24-bed Critical Care Unit, serving as Cardiac Care Nurse and Radiology Nurse simultaneously. Coordinated coverage for new procedures, such as Vertebralplasty and Uterine Artery Embolizations. Assisted with all angiography exams: Cerebral Angiograms, Aortograms with Leg Run Offs, Angioplasty of Diseased Arteries, Renal Angiograms with Angioplasty, and Mesenteric Angiograms.
· Staffed Diagnostic Cardiac Cath Laboratory, Radiology, and Special Procedures Unit.
· Monitored conscious sedation of all radiology performed procedures to ensure patient comfort.
· Developed specialty with Cardiac Catheterizations, Permanent Pacemaker Insertions, and Swan-Ganz Catheter Insertions, reducing need for an additional staff member in ICU.
· Commended for skill assisting Central Line Placements, PICC Lines, and A-V Graft/Fistula Revasculerizations.
ADAMS & SMITH CARE CENTER, Salem, OR
1985 - 1988
Licensed Practical Nurse
Provided skilled nursing care to patients on a 20-bed sub-acute unit. Directed skilled nursing procedures, including tube feedings, peripheral intravenous therapy, and venipunctures. Performed and taught paraplegic and quadriplegic care. Formalized a training and mentoring program for new nursing practitioners.
· Performed peritoneal dialysis and ostomy care.
· Managed ventilator and tracheotomy care.
· Developed patient and family satisfaction surveys to monitor and improve quality of care.
HEALTH PRODUCTS, INC., Portland, OR
1978 - 1985
Clinical Nurse Consultant
Clinically tested health products within the development phase and recommended product improvements. Consulted and trained customers on proper use of medical products. Collected and reported customer feedback to development team.
· Delivered on-site presentations to nursing staff and scheduled beta-test and evaluation participants to ensure thorough reliability of products.
· Drafted, revised, and produced product documentation to focus on the needs and concerns of nursing practitioners.
· Designed and delivered hands-on customer training to develop understanding of product and proficiency in its use.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor of Science (Biology and Psychology), 1985
Oregon University, Portland, Oregon
Associate of Science (Nursing), 1978
Oregon Community College, Salem, Oregon
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
· Registered Nurse License #028927
· Nursing Home Administration
Nursing Institute (attending)
· R.N. Preceptor (ICU/CCU)
· Critical Care
Central Valley Hospital
· Practical Nursing
Oregon Community College
· Nursing Assistant
County Geriatric Center