Commercial Account Manager
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Top performing accounts management executive committed to quality client service and high professional standards. Communicative, focused and solutions-oriented, consistently exceeding both clients' and management goals. Proven strengths in mediating mutually agreeable outcomes, counterbalanced with strategic business know-how refined over a diverse employment background. Expert in streamlining processes, reactivating stagnant accounts, reversing customer dissatisfaction, and building long-term lucrative alliances.
• Client Retention/Win Back • Account Management
• Cost Containment • Debt Reduction/Collections
• Productivity Enhancements • Team Building & Motivation
• Critical Problem Solving • Portfolio Restructures
• Budgeting & Resource Allocations • Customer Needs Assessment
• Consultative & Solution Sales Techniques • Business Prospecting
Sunoco Australia Ltd., Brisbane, Australia
2001 - Present
Commercial Accounts Manager
Manage portfolio of 200 key commercial and aviation accounts with high caliber organizations. The largest account in 2001- the Queensland Government, represented $120 million in revenues annually. Control business relationships with key decision makers to assure client retention, enforce compliance with contract terms and payment schedules, investigate suspicious claims, and deflect aggressive industry competitors. Acknowledged by team members as a primary source of information and regularly approached to resolve long-term problematic issues affecting productivity and customer relationships.
• Exceeded team and commercial targets for 5 consecutive months; met targets for all other months outpacing team colleagues.
• Revamped substandard spreadsheet system manually detailing customer debt, fuel levels and distributorships. Slashed processing time from 10 hours to just 20 minutes by automating process to import data from existing computer packages into newly designed and standardized spreadsheet templates. Improvement to productivity paid for itself within a month and eased time constraints to pursue advanced relationship building and client servicing.
• Cut debt by 91.6% in 6 months, falling from $480,000 to $40,000. Reversed cycle of inactive client servicing and neglected follow-up procedures by investing time to source key personnel, establish close business ties, resolutely chase outstanding funds, and investigate/resolve client concerns.
• Achieved the best commercial result in Sunoco Australia's history achieving zero debt by end of 2001.
Octagon Communications, Brisbane, Australia
1999 - 2001
Administration Team Leader
Juggled inbound customer call traffic and coordinated administrative work flows in this high-pressure call center environment managing 4 distinct customer divisions - Consumer, Corporate, Internet and Mobile over the night shift. As Team Leader, handled complex and escalated customer complaints, delegated faults and repair work to technical staff, and produced multi-layered reports on all facets of departmental operations for management review.
• Rescued hundreds of potentially lost customer accounts by tailoring each communication to respond to customer needs, and calling upon personally developed center of influence across technical and management staff internally and externally. Praised enthusiastically by formerly irate customer reversing earlier decision to cancel several accounts in recognition of efforts taken in restoring phone service in one hour after three days of inactivity.
• Spared disgruntled customers further inconvenience by refining the voice recording system to respond appropriately and accurately to keyed requests, virtually eliminating the unnecessary transfer of calls to incorrect departments.
• Despite an environment of growing call volumes, cut average call times by one third, without sacrificing service quality.
• Identified times of peaks and troughs and strategically planned administrative work to optimize team productivity.
Bradford Cruises, Nice, France
1999 - 1999
Coordinated complete packages of recreational activities including arrival/departure schedules, meals, and day trips. Transported guests to Monaco Grand Prix and Cannes Film Festival developing a network of high-ranking officers at each event. Managed all stores and requisitions, and assured guest comfort. Met the needs of elite clients with high expectations of service excellence. Considered virtually impossible by boat's Captain, successfully arranged flight of live crayfish and beluga caviar on Grand Prix weekend to meet special guest request.
BRT Global Experess, Brisbane, Australia
1998 - 1999
Confronted upon promotion by accounts neglected and in disarray, and business experiencing a "negative profit" from several multimillion dollar customers. Renegotiated national and international traffic lanes analyzing price increase potential, re-established account relationships, and identified potential new business opportunities. Maintained price competitive position in marketplace while meeting profit margins and revenue budgets, and coordinated transport and distribution of large or difficult consignments with international counterparts.
• Conducted extensive analysis of accounts trading at a loss and renegotiated revisions, turning business around to reflect 10% profit after costs.
• Personally secured $1.13 million in new business in 8 months
• Tapped into new market, identifying and realizing undiscovered potential of industry heavyweights in the Western suburbs. Key contributor in drafting winning business plans, tenders and proposals.
BRT Global Experess, Brisbane, Australia
1997 - 1998
Credit Collections Officer
Collected outstanding accounts from 1500 domestic and international clients across Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. Collaborated with managers and visited delinquent accounts to negotiate positive outcomes, and arrange payment plans for accounts in debt of $50,000+.
• Consistently attained and exceeded all establish key performance indicators averaging 75 outbound calls daily.
• Recovered $3-4 million dollars in outstanding accounts monthly.
• Slashed outstanding accounts over 30 days to 4.4 % and 90 days, 3.6%.
PRWRA Gayle Howard - Top Margin - firstname.lastname@example.org