604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Operations Management • Personnel Management • Materials Management
Inventory & Logistics • Purchasing & Procurement
Goal-oriented management professional with over 20 years’ progressive and stable experience in executive-level management positions. Offering background and qualifications in personnel and human resources administration, facilities management, operations administration, budgeting, materials, team leadership, security management, problem resolution, professional development, training and education analysis, public and motivational speaking, customer relations, research and investigation, international travel, report and forecast development. Understand intricacies of regulations governing personnel issues. Ensure subordinates remain in continual compliance with all health, safety and security directives and specifications, including those of OSHA and the EEOC.
· Managed facilities maintenance team responsible for the upkeep of 490,000 square feet of commercial building space.
· Managed all aspects of logistics, transportation and delivery support functions for assigned U. S. Marine Corps units.
· Spearheaded and implemented cost control measure resulting in $40,000 in annual savings for assigned unit.
· Chosen from 2,000 qualified candidates to serve as liaison aboard the USS Tripoli in support of logistics operations between Marine Corps and Navy personnel.
MOST RECENT POSITION
Shipping/Freezer Supervisor, Cagle’s, Inc., Perry, GA
2004 - present
· Direct activities related to inventory, warehousing, shipping, customer service, job tracking, payroll, and personnel management of 9 subordinates for a world-class food processing plant.
· Schedule loading of up to 8 trucks per shift, ensuring trailers meet cold storage specifications; monitor loading processes.
· Process purchases orders and maintain accurate, current inventories using customized computer database, as well as manual inventory processes.
· Planned, directed and coordinated human resource management activities, maximizing the strategic use of human resources and maintaining facilities maintenance department.
· Provided supervision for the equipment and supply manager, the maintenance supply manager, and all personnel responsible for the performance and management of equipment maintenance.
· Analyzed maintenance management and personnel functional areas, proficiently utilizing equipment and materiel.
· Assigned to the completed functions required by the maintenance information systems coordination office to ensure the proper functioning of the field maintenance subsystem of the Marine Corp Integrated Maintenance Management System.
· Interacted with management to formulating and implement administrative, operations, and customer relations policies.
· Analyzed expenditures and other financial reports to develop plans, policies, and budgets for increasing profits.
· Supervised and monitored the work activities of subordinates and staff.
· Developed employment policies, processes, and practices, and recommended changes to executive management personnel.
· Met with team leaders and supervisors to resolve grievances.
· Conducted new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company objectives.
· Wrote directives advising department managers of organizational policy in personnel matters.
· Maintained records and compiled statistical data to identify and determine causes of personnel problems.
· Analyzed statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organizational personnel policies and practices.
· Planned, directed and coordinated the training activities of all personnel under personal authority.
· Analyzed training needs to develop new programs or to modify and improve existing programs.
TRANSPORTATION & LOGISTICS
· Reviewed transportation schedules, personnel assignments and routes, to ensure compliance with standards for personnel elections, safety, and contract terms.
· Orchestrated activities relating to dispatching, routing and tracking of transportation vehicles, aircraft and railroad cars.
· Monitored the process of investigation and response to complaints relating to operations department.
· Directed team responsible for tariff classifications, billing preparation, mode of transportation and destination of shipment.
· Inspected and supervised the maintenance of equipment, vehicles, and facilities and enforced all applicable regulations.
MATERIALS MANAGEMENT, PURCHASING & PROCUREMENT
· Oversaw procurement process, including research and testing of equipment, vendor contacts, and approval of requisitions.
· Negotiated and authorized contracts with equipment and materials suppliers.
· Formulated, implemented and interpreted policies and procures.
· Developed plans to meet expanded needs, such as increasing capacity of facilities, or modification of equipment.
· Authorized repair, movement, installation, or construction of equipment, supplies, and facilities.
· Analyzed data, trends, reports, consumption and test results to determine adequacy of facilities, and system performance.
· Investigated and evaluated new developments in materials, tools, and equipment.
· Forecast consumption of utilities to meet demand or to determine construction, equipment, or maintenance requirements.
· Developed, prepared and distributed reports, directive, records, work orders, specifications for work methods, and other documents.
Materials/Packing/Inventory Support Services, U.S. Air Force Logistics Center, Robins AFB, GA
Operations and Project Management, One Source, Atlanta, GA
Transportation/Facilities/Communications/Operations Management, U. S. Marine Corps
Graduate, Austin High School, Chicago, IL
Chapman College, 29 Palms, CA
Public Speaking, Communications, English, Math
U.S. Marine Corps, Various Locations
Advanced Staff NCO Administrative Academy, Personnel Administration, Marine Corp Leadership, Advanced Staff NCO Non-Resident Program, Ground Safety Managers Training, Logistics and Embarkation Specialist Course, Substance Abuse Information Program, Maintenance Management Course.
Additional Employment-Related Coursework
Total Quality Management, Equal Opportunity Representative, Public Speaking,
Written Correspondence, Assertiveness Training, Safety and First Aid
COMMUNITY SERVICE AND AFFILIATIONS
Local Coordinator, Habitat for Humanity, Cobb County GA
Volunteer Driver, Meals on Wheels, Marietta, GA
Volunteer Team Member, Boy and Girls Scouts of America, Various locations
Little League Basketball Coach, Gwinnett County
HONORS & AWARDS
United States Armed Forces
Meritorious Service Medal • Navy Achievement Medal • National Defense Service Medal
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal • 3 Letters of Commendation • 8 Letters of Appreciation
Cobb County Division of Habitat for Humanity
Letter of Appreciation
Lea J. Clark - firstname.lastname@example.org - http://www.gacareercenter.biz