Quality Assurance Manager Airline Industry
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Senior Management Professional with over 14 years experience in the aerospace manufacturing industry. Plan and schedule deliveries of raw materials and sub-assemblies, perform manual and computerized inventory audits, develop and submit proposals and reports, author and edit business/marketing plans and manage the daily operations of an quality assurance department with multi-million dollar inventories. Integrate leadership, time-management, critical thinking/analysis, problem resolution, written/verbal communication and human resources management skills in planning and management.
1996 - Present
Quality Assurance Manager
• Approved by Boeing to inspect aircraft parts and assemblies for 737, 747, 757, 767 and 777 parts, including Classic and New Generation aircraft for manufacturer engineering specification compliance.
• Perform detailed structural analysis test flights on aircraft parts found to be non-compliant with specifications.
• Investigate engineering drawing and specification deficiencies to correct functional/structural problems.
• Initiate corrective actions and provide appropriate personnel with engineering data, design and production aid tools to assist with corrective measures necessary to bring structural assemblies/sub-assemblies into conformance.
• Evaluate and resolve engineering issues that result from customer or FAA audits.
• Develop plans and tooling concepts to introduce and integrate lean manufacturing processes and enhancements.
• Design and implement work and loss prevention processes to increase manpower performance and decrease costs.
• Ensure all subordinates remain in compliance with FAA, OSHA, HAZMAT, WASHA and Boeing Safety guidelines and regulations.
1991 - 1996
• Reconfigured Tool Bin Space and delivery processes in support of reducing labor costs by 10%-15%.
• Managed activities of subordinate personnel to ensure all employees remained on task and assignments were completed according to time-line.
• Performed manual, physical and computerized audits to ensure accuracy of automated inventory counts
• Reviewed transportation schedules, personnel assignments and routes, to ensure compliance with standards for personnel elections, safety, and contract terms.
• Orchestrated activities relating to dispatching, routing and tracking of ground vehicles, aircraft and railroad cars.
• Supervised personnel responsible for the assigning of tariff classifications, billing preparation, mode of transportation and destination of shipment.
• Inspected and supervised the inspection of incoming aircraft parts and sub-assemblies from contracted vendors to ensure compliance with engineering drawings, blueprints, and manufacturer's specifications.
• Employed various measuring devices, such as electronic and manual micrometer in inspection processes designed to assure conformance with FAA tolerances.
1988 - 1991
• Assigned to aero-structure business unit, acting as liaison between customers, department heads and other engineers to develop products to meet specific needs ensured quality and functionality of designs.
• Interacted with vendors, managers and customers in support of Buyer Furnished Equipment (BFE) processes.
1984 - 1988
• Managed and administrated all facets of food distribution company.
• Built organization from ground floor up, achieving annuals sales levels of $1.5 million to $1.75 million in four-year timeframe.
University of Phoenix
M.B.A., Business Administration
LaSalle University Business, Columbia College, City University
Post Doctorate, LaSalle University Business Degree
Career Development & Training
Employee Certification Awareness - Quality-You Are the Difference - Aviation Maintenance Technician
PowerPoint 8.0 - Understanding Aircraft Structures & Systems - Hazard Communication
General Ergonomics Awareness - Project Management- Contract/Procurement - Complying with ANESHAP
KT QA1 Shop Floor Maintenance - Ethics 2000 - Question of Integrity - I, II, 2000
New Chemical Introduction - Coaching for Performance - Communicating Across Cultures
Setting and Achieving Your Goals - Data Conversion Concepts & Processes - Emergency Preparedness
QA Inspection Techniques - Blueprint Reading - Basic & Advanced - Precision Measuring Tools
Corrosion Awareness for Manufacturing - Ethics & Business Conduct - Service Leadership Skills
World Class Competitiveness - The Art of Negotiating - Team Member Training
Hazardous Waste Management - HAZCOM Information - Inspection Techniques
Confined Space Awareness - Hazardous Waste Disposal - Stormwater Pollution Prevention
FOD Prevention - Safety Coaching - Conflict Resolution
Seven Habits of Highly Effective People - - Proper Use of Quality Systems
Compliance with Regulatory Requirements - - Protecting Information in the New Millennium
PRWRA Lea Clark - Clark & Associates - Macon, GA 31206 - firstname.lastname@example.org